TechStar Group is a niche Product Development, Business Solutions, and Global IT Services firm based in Dallas, TX. At TechStar, we help drive customer success by leveraging our deep expertise in IT Solutions and Business Process improvements to enable our clients to achieve their organizational objectives.
Founded in 2002, TechStar Group has grown to become a solutions and implementation partner of choice to multiple Fortune 500 companies. Headquartered in Dallas, TX, TechStar currently has offices and delivery locations throughout the US and India.
Job Title: Automation Developer
Location: Piscataway, NJ 08854
Duration: 6+ Months
About the opportunity:
7+ years of IT experience.
Looking for a dynamic individual with strong Java/Selenium development background that can drive and lead Test Automation projects that follow Behaviour and Test Driven Development methodology. You'll bring development experience into Automation development and help to build 'Automation as a Service' as part of DevOPs delivery model.
Design and development of testing automation scripts for both Regression and Progression purposes in integrated DevOps agile environments using modern state of the art programming languages and software tools.
• Participate in technical requirements, design discussions, and leading test plan reviews.
• Lead test reviews (e.g. test case review) and signoff on test case for aligned projects
• Aid in the setup of test infrastructure and facilities, including automation and regression test beds.
• Automate regression tests using scripting languages, utilities, open source test tools, and commercial test tools such as SOAP UI, Selenium, Appium, Jenkins & Maven
• Hands on experience in using Maven and ANT for build management and Jenkins for Continuous Integration
• Hands on experience in using SCM tools like Accurev, Git and SVN for maintaining the code
• Conduct QA reviews and inspections to find potential defects and recommend corrective action, often assisting more junior staff identify defects in more challenging situations.
• Create and manage profiling tests to exploit areas of suspect performance by implementing profiling tools
• Assist in integrating and help innovate with new ideas for more streamlined test data management (TDM) processes that meet the needs of Development and test teams
• Work closely with application development team on defect resolutions and shares information with UAT teams
Minimum 2 years of experience in Database validation and API validation preferred. Experience in Behavior Driven Methodology preferred. Knowledge of Jira, Agile Methodologies are a plus
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
BS Degree or equivalent experience
• 4 years of experience in Automation Framework Development using Selenium Webdriver
• 3 years experience of Core Java development including Java Automation
Preferred Minimum 2 years of BDD Methodology..
Preferred experience with Cucumber, Gherkin
• Experience in Maven/ ANT
• Experience in Jenkins ( CI)
• Minimum 4 years of Experience in SQL - Oracle
• Minimum 2 years Experience in software development stack, including DevOps suite of tools, such as Jira, Docker, Jenkins, and Git, web servers, such as Apache and Microsoft IIS, application frameworks, and databases, such as MySQL, MS SQL, and Oracle.
Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills.
Strong work ethic and high level of professionalism.
Experience in Behavior Driven Development methodologies
Functional knowledge of Cucumber, Gherkin
Experience working with code builds and automated deployment.
Excellent communication skills
• BS Degree or equivalent experience
What we offer:
At TechStar, we are always seeking high-performers who are at the forefront of technology. We provide competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package and access to challenging opportunities that facilitate personal and professional growth.
Learn more about us at: www.techstargroup.com
C: 972 591 8719