Automation Engineer 2 to support our rapidly growing public cloud application and infrastructure portfolio. You will collaborate with talented IT leaders to build, automate, and maintain our virtual environments, which enable delivery of innovative mobile and web solutions to our rental customers. This role will automate configurations and templates for various Windows and Linux based services, measure and maintain reliability through instrumentation and monitoring, and interface with multiple development teams to provide services and support. You will be responsible for modifying medium to complex code/scripts, and developing complex application code independently within or outside various teams using applicable technology. You will be responsible for performing local development builds, being a primary contributor in code reviews; performing unit and planning and coordinating implementation activities. Participate in on-call rotation, which includes 24 x 7 support of multiple complicated environments. You will work with cloud vendors and external technical support on upgrades, problem resolution, and design issues. This is an exciting role in a fast paced, collaborative team that strives to build and foster close working relationships with its software development team clients.
* Must be committed to incorporating security into all decisions and daily job responsibilities.
* Experience designing and building applications in cloud environments.
* 3+ years of software development experience.
* 1+ years of experience with Azure solutions.
* Experience working with configuration management tools. Examples: Puppet, Chef & Ansible, or other similar capabilities developed as in-house tools.
* Experience in and demonstrable knowledge of Windows and Linux user interface and commands.
* Understanding and knowledge of Azure (Virtual Machines, Service Fabric, Storage Accounts, Azure DNS, Azure NSG, Azure Active Directory, Security Center Azure Functions and Azure IoT)
* Experience with scripting languages such as Bash Shell, Python & PowerShell.
* Experiences with software design methodologies, information systems architecture, object-oriented design, and software design patterns.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to quickly triage problems, determine root cause and drive resolution.
* Experience in Jira, Bitbucket, Artifactory and Jenkins.
* Experience in Linux packaging (rpm, yum, dpkg, etc).
* Experience with HTTP/Proxy servers (Apache, Nginx, Squid).
* Experience with Hadoop technologies, specifically HortonWorks Data Platform.
* Experience with any of the Apache Project for Big Data solutions, specifically Spark, Kafka, Zepplen, Zookeper, Avro, Cassandra.
* Experience with Terraform.
* Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting application platforms, with a preference for experience in working with Java web application platforms (e.g., Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, JBoss, etc.).
* Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Stackdriver, Sensu, NewRelic, or similar.
* Experience with log aggregation and management tools such as Splunk, Loggly, Logstash, or similar.
* Experience in Azure and cloud networking, security, routing, peering.
* Development experience using Python.
* Systems performance tuning and load testing is a plus.
* Familiarity with large-scale systems and methodologies.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or related field preferred.
NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA means Business
NTT Group one of the largest Telecommunications Companies in the world owns NTT DATA Services.
NTT Group is ranked in the top 5 largest global IT services provider in the world. Collectively, the integrated company generates $108B in annual revenues with over 300,000 employees across 88 countries.
Visit https://www.nttdata.com/americas to learn how NTT DATA Americas' Strategic Staffing group provides our clients with top notch technical talent to augment their core IT staff. Our approach is customer centric, partnering to assist you in achieving your strategic goals and IT initiatives. We get to know your company’s culture and the type of technical staff that thrive within your organization. We understand your specific technical and business requirements, timing, and budget