Automation Engineer (Big Data) - Sr. level 12 Month Contract - Will look at converting after 12 months Need to sit in Bentonville, AR or Dallas, TX
Project Scope / Business Driver: Primarily Data Engineering Teams - Testing Data Pipelines.
High-Level Individual Duties:
Automated Testing for Data Engineering (batch pipelines) - Writing test cases and showing results - VERY focused on Automation so also making reusable tests (home grown tools) / validating the data / filing bugs etc.
Application Landscape: SQL / Big Data (Hive / Spark Queries / Google Cloud Platform) / Java / Python / Various Automation Tools / Google Cloud Platform
- Automation QA with BIG DATA experience (can't all be web apps)
- VERY strong SQL skills
- Java - basic skills would be nice
- Needs to be an 'engineer' b/c of how focused they are on data pipelines
- Jira for bug tracking - need to know the integration pieces
- Cloud experience - 3 prod environments that have data access (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform)
- Team Size, Breakdown & Stakeholders: 5 people, 2 joining which makes a team of 7
- Development Methodology: On demand basis - still run sprints, but they prioritize the task
If interested in this Automation Engineer role, or any other opportunities in the greater Bentonville area, send a resume to Lee Holmes, technical recruiter, via
*You can register to receive job alerts that match your criteria from Apex via http://itcareers.apexsystems.com/ and contact me if you see one you'd like to pursue (we recommend applying if you meet 80%+ of qualifications and are interested in the rest)!*
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or