Individuals must be authorized to work in USA
Summary: The Software Quality Engineer will have deep knowledge in software testing methodologies, including the AGILE development framework and system development life cycle (SDLC). This knowledge and experience will be used to design, write, and maintain test plans, scenarios, and scripts for various Wayne County applications. The engineer will also be responsible for performing functional testing, integration testing, nonfunctional testing, performance testing, stress testing, client acceptance testing, and production support testing of these various applications using the plans, tools, and automated test scripts developed. The engineer's technical skills may also be utilized to create automated test scripts, and may at times require them to construct test tools and scripts to be used by themselves and other test engineers. After test phases, the engineer will create testing summary reports, clearly communicating to technology leads and clients, all testing results. Finally, the engineer will participate in the prioritization of defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
• Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, or errors
• Collaborate with the technical teams throughout the entire development life cycle
• Tracking / logging software defects with sufficient details to understand and replicate the issue
• Work with the development team to ensure all requirement related deliverables are clearly understood and necessary testing is completed to ensure such requirements were met.
• Review internal processes, procedures, methodologies, and standards to ensure processes are repeatable and efficient
• Determine how to best test for new product and system features (manual and automated), as well as automation for regression tests. This includes UI testing and API testing
• Design, implement and execute test plans and test cases in accordance with best practices and techniques and prepare test results for various test methods
• Track testing status and results and provide data reporting on defect/bugs, automation efficiencies and other significant indicators
• Collaborate with the team to translate business requirements and functional specifications into test plans, test scripts and drive for high quality practices
• Contribute to the entire software development life cycle from initial business requirements to deployment & production support
• Document system functions and response times for test environment and for production.
• Participate in lesson learned sessions for improvement of testing process.
• Comply with established QA processes.
• Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information
• Design & implement test scenarios & cases
• Create & implement test plans and test scripts
• Design & development of testing tools for test automation & support
• Lead all technical testing efforts including integration testing & performance testing
• Ensure quality of service levels of software products through performance test benchmarking
• Provide production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects • Work with multiple database interfaces and be familiar with standard web architectures
• Assist in implementation of QA standards and continual improvement activities
• Knowledge of software testing tools, including Client Quality Center, QuickTest Pro, or LoadRunner
• Knowledge of open source testing tools, including Jenkins, ANT & Icarus/Gallio
• Knowledge of computing languages, including JAVA, C#,
• Familiar with most standard Software Development Lifecycles
• Demonstrated knowledge of functional, nonfunctional, integration, and user acceptance test strategies, methods, and procedures
• Have a keen analytical mindset and the ability to jump in to our ongoing projects and come up to speed quickly. • Strong communication skills and attention to detail
• Ability to work with all levels of management including senior executives
• Able to work in and contribute to a collaborative team environment; attention to detail, and able to handle confidential information.
• Ability to follow standard processes and complete documentation as needed.
• Excellent time management skills, ability to stay organized while handling multiple tasks • Proven ability to execute initiatives successfully and meet deadlines.
• Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives without supervision.
• Positive, “can do” attitude and ability to work in a team environment while maintaining a high level of independence.
• Comfortable working without routine supervision
Specific Project Duties:
The assigned individual will report directly to the Manager of Production Support, Department of Technology, in connection with the performance of the Services under this Contract. The Contractor shall perform services and support for the County’s technology infrastructure.Experiences shall include, but are not limited to:
Education and Experience:
• BS in software engineering disciplines, computer science, or other related fields. Degree requirement may be waived for 10 years related experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software testing position, including the following essential duties and responsibilities. Staff & Self Development:
• Develop, orientate and train self and other staff to assure required skill levels and continuous service is maintained for this position.
• Participate in self-development and in-service training that relate to your role and responsibilities.
• Attend, participate and remain informed in continuing educational programs, new applications and media sources designed to keep you abreast of changes within your profession. Conduct & Safety:
• Follows established departmental policies and procedures
• Participates in and conducts all fire safety and disaster preparedness drills in a safe and professional manner
• Reports any safety issue as prescribed
• Assures all rights to fair and equitable treatment, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights are maintained at all times
Understanding: This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and the incumbent will perform other business-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other managers when necessary. Wayne County reserves the right to change duties and responsibilities as the need arises. This position description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
500 Griswold, 13th Floor Detroit, MI, 48226Contact