Apex Systems combines with parent company On Assignment to make it the 2nd largest IT staffing agency in the country.
Apex has an opportunity for a QA Tester for a client in Princeton, NJ (remote to start). If interested in discussing the position further, please send an MS Word version of your resume to Jill Stipak,
Here are the details:
Position: QA Tester
Location: Princeton, NJ
Duration: 18 Month Contract
Nice to Haves:
For this opportunity, you will also be eligible for benefits through Apex for the contract period, a W2 hourly rate, weekly pay, and direct deposit!
Apex Systems Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants to apply.Notes/Special Requirements:Job Requirements:
Description (differences from Role Description)
• At least 5 to 7 years Automation experience
• Participate in requirement discussions and document outcome in Jira / Confluence
• Experience using SCM (SVN / GIT) to ensure automation scripts are properly version controlled
• Ability to design and develop scalable, reliable and data driven automation test scripts
• Understanding of object-oriented design techniques
• Experience in Jira, Confluence and Jenkins
• Experience in cross web browser testing
The QA Automation Engineer Responsibilities:
• Participate in the daily Scrum meetings
• Participate in the planning/estimating of each sprint
• Planning the testing strategies, methods for projects and customizing the testing as agreed by the SCRUM Team
• Help create, shape, and monitor testing Strategies plans for scalability, functionality, and reusability
• Create re-usable Testing User Stories and estimates
• Implementing, executing and capturing testing results, tracking and entering of test defects, test strategies/test scripts/test cases/end of test/ ORR following the documented IT SDLC
• Responsible to provide metrics/daily status on testing progress and ensuring all automated reports used are accurate
• Create, manage, and execute automation scripts based on approved demand
• Responsible to define and manage the test data that is required
• Responsible for all aspects of the test environment coordination and configuration and defect root cause analysis relation to the Test Environment.
• Responsible for all aspects of the Test Tools administration and setup, e.g. workflow configuration and user access, email accounts, and related ticket resolution.
• collaborate and work closely with DevOps Scrum Team members
• Responsible to escalate to ETS ST Management Team
• Responsible to coordinate and facilitate work of other ST DevOps team members that fall outside of the DevOps Scrum Team process Experience:
• Extensive experience as a Quality Control professional, or some experience is Quality Control along with experience in another technical position (e.g., Sysadmin, Engineer, Architect, etc.
• Hands on Experience with using automated testing tools such as Sahi, Selenium, Watij, Watir, Appium
• Experience working in a DevOps/Agile Scrum Team
• Knowledgeable of the DevOps/Agile Scrum Team testing and development methodologies, tools, and processes
• Java, TestNG, Web Services, XML, Unix, GitHub, REST API Testing, Python, Selenium Hub, Grid2, SQL/ scripting, and Test Harness.
• Demonstrable web, embedded, or physical installation project experience
• Experience with Test-Driven, or Behavior-Driven design methodologies • Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as interpersonal skills
Excellent time-management and task/effort estimation skills.
Additional Nice to have skills:
• Running Automation Testing as a stage from Jenkins Declarative CICD Pipeline.
• Testing OAuth protected RESTful API endpoints authored using OpenAPI Spec
• Serverless - AWS API Gateway/NodeJS Lambda accessing DynamoDB
• Docker Containers - Spring Boot based API endpoints accessing PostgreSQL
• Testing Pure JS (AngularJS) /HTML frontend.
• Testing Event Driven data transfer exposed as a SQS Q.
• SQS - Lambda - Destination (DynamoDB/Elasticsearch or Application Web Service)
• Testing Event subscription via a messaging service
• SNS/SQS - SNS - SQS - Lambda - Destination.
• Kafka - Publishing events and subscribing/processing events to destination
• Testing Sync of Transactional Data into Analytics/Search platform (DynamoDB Elasticsearch using DDB Streams)
• Testing Reports served from AWS Elasticsearch/S3 or any other reporting/analytics platform
• Testing Batch Job deployed on AWS Batch as Docker Containers. Eg: -
• Testing delimited file created from DynamoDB.
• Testing data loaded into DynamoDB tables from delimited file.
• Compare file outputs generated by different processes (legacy vs new APMOD code).
• Trigger test case creation (if doesn't exist) in JIRA from the automation test case written.
• Trigger test case execution/cycle in JIRA once the test cases are run within the pipeline thus providing the test automation results report.
• If #1 cannot be automated, how can we save time on creating those test cases in JIRA while focusing more on actually scripting those automation test cases. i.e. some sort of traceability.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or