Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia
This Job Description is for the Information Technology Job Family, and could include anyone within the ITS department that performs these tasks.. An ideal candidate must have knowledge of, be able to perform actions that are related to activities in the designated business line.. The QA Engineer position designs or modifies testing/data validation/quality assurance for automated applications and procedures for solutions to business problems of moderate to high complexity.. Also has full operational knowledge of all phases of testing and is able to work at a high level of complexity related to quality assurance with minimal supervision.. Directs and reviews work of lower-level personnel and/or may perform as an individual contributor on large and complex systems.. Has working knowledge of one or more FRS system testing platforms.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is one of the 12 regional Reserve Banks that, together with the Board of Governors in Washington, D.C., make up the Federal Reserve System. It helps formulate and implement monetary policy, supervises banks and bank and savings and loan holding companies, and provides financial services to depository institutions and the federal government. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia serves eastern and central Pennsylvania, southern New Jersey, and Delaware.
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia islookingto fill a position in the Software Quality Assurance group of the Information Technology Services (ITS) Department. We promote new ways for building and delivering software solutions for thedepartments of the Federal Reserve System.
We are looking for amotivated Test Engineer who willensurehighest standards of software delivery are met.You willlearn how the full system should operate and think like a system engineer.
Your work willinvolvethe test and validation of applications, database and services in theapplication architecture. These system elements can include complex applications, mobile platforms, Data transformation tools.
You will be involved with the creation of test procedures based on a set of system requirements. These test procedures will beperformedin an exploratory andautomated manner on the system to ensure it meets the requirements defined.
You'll execute all tests and create defect reports based on the results of the testing.You will also workwith the broader system development teamtohelptroubleshootissues found during testing.
Good trouble-shooting skills will be an essentialelement of the position.
To be considered for the position, please submit a resume and cover letter.Qualifications:
- Required: GIT, CI /CD pipeline tools (Azure DevOps/Jenkins), Database (Oracle/MS SQL Server), REST API, SOAP/XML, Spring, TestNG, Sitecore 9, Azure
- Experience using tools and frameworks like IntelliJ, Maven, Java libraries,TestNg,
- Knowledge ofUFT, Python, AWS and Sitecore 7 area plus
Education and Experience:
- Excellentcommunications skills. Independently, presents both orally and in writing, findings and assessments; prepares and presents information and responses to higher complexity inquiries; demonstratethe ability to manage the communication process;communicate with clients, colleagues and management to explain complex issues;transfertechnical knowledge; diffuseconflict and buildsagreement.
- Excellent analytical andproblem-solvingskills.Havea logical, analytical and creative approach to problems; Demonstratesexpert level analytical and problem solving skills; organizesdata andinformation in a manner that effectively communicates issues;identifyunderlying issuesand recognizes symptoms that indicate more severeissues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrates the ability to lead and participateon a team; leadcomplex and diverse team efforts by virtue of both technical expertise and leadership skills of influence; drawon experience to resolve higher complexity issues; displaysstrong interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels of an organization.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Identifies and assesses higher complexity supervisory issues;manages higher complexity issues in order to meet ourgoals.
- Excellent knowledge ofdifferentsystems and technologies with an ability to learn new skills and technology quickly.
- An awareness of current issues affecting the industry and its technologies.
- Subject to minimal or no oversight in work performed; serves as mentor and/or coach and provides constructive feedback to less experienced staff; engageotherpartnersin collecting feedback and input to complete work activities.
Bachelor`s degree with a concentration in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent significant experience in information technology and software testing is required.
To see the fulljobdescription, clickthe linkbelow, this position will follow theAUTOMATION, PERFORMANCE AND DEVELOPMENT TESTINGTRACK:
- Minimum 7 years of experience designing and developing test automation using a software development approach.
- Minimum 5 years of automation development experience with technologies described above.
We offer a great benefits package that features:
- Medical (4 options), Prescription, Dental (3 options), and Vision Insurance
- 401k/Thrift Plan with generous employer match
- Employer-funded Pension Plan
- Paid Vacation/Sick Time & Holidays
- Monthly Commuter Allowance
- Flexible Spending Accounts and Healthcare Spending Accounts
- Flexible Work Schedule available in most departments
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Onsite 24/7 Fitness Center including training classes, Peloton bikes and locker room / shower facilities
- Onsite Cafeteria & Coffee Shop
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More...
The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is essential to our success as an organization, and we want to recruit, develop andretain the most accomplished people from a diverse candidate pool. To support a workplace culture of belonging, we offer seven employee resource groups (ERGs) and a 100 percent rating on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index. The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
A requirement of this position is that the employee must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or qualify for an accommodation due to medical condition or sincerely held religious belief.
We will consider the potentialfor candidates towork remotelyfor candidates outside of the greater Philadelphia commuting distance. Pre-Employment Background Check
Background investigations including drug testing are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made. Employment may not begin until the Bank accepts the results of the background investigation.
This position requires access to confidential supervisory information and/or FOMC information, which is limited to "Protected Individuals" as defined in the U.S. federal immigration law. Protected Individuals include, but are not limited to, U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, and U.S. permanent residents who either are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization or who have applied for naturalization within the requisite timeframe. Candidates who are permanent residents must sign a declaration of intent to become a U.S. citizen when eligible to do so and pursue a path to citizenship. Candidates who are not U.S. citizens or U.S. permanent residents may be eligible for the information access required for this position if they sign a declaration of intent to become a permanent resident and a U.S. citizen and meet other eligibility requirements. In addition, all candidates must undergo an applicable background check and comply with all applicable information handling rules. Full Time / Part Time
Full time Regular / Temporary
Regular Job Exempt (Yes / No)
Yes Job Category
Information Technology Work Shift
First (United States of America)
The Federal Reserve Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in compliance with applicable law and to an environment where employees are valued for their differences.