Job#: 1307697 Job Description:
Apex Systems, has an urgent need for an Automation Tester with one of largest Government clients in Hampton Roads, VA.
If interested in this, or any other opportunities in the Government space, please send resume and contact information to Skylar at Title: Automation TesterLocation: Norfolk Naval Base - ONSITE ONLY 1 DAY A WEEK - Must live within 80 mile radius of Norfolk, VAContract Type:
12-Month Contract-to-Permanent HireContract Rate:
$65.00 - 70.00/ Hourly Rate (Based on experience)Permanent Hire Salary:
$130,000 - $150,000 (Based on experience)Requirements:Clearance: SecretCertifications: Sec+ CE or ability to obtain within first 6 months.3 YOE with software testing & quality assurance in software application development.3 YOE w/ automated testing with UFT using VB Scripts2 YOE w/ Java using TestNG with Selenium, Cucumber, Appium ( a plus but not required)Must be within local commuting distance of 80 miles.Job Description:
- Develop and maintain automated test scripts for NTCSS/OOMA desktop client applications.
- Author and maintain software test cases, procedures, and scripts in accordance with organizational policies and procedures.
- Assist in the creation of software test plans to document overall test strategy, test approach, test process, test schedule, pass/fail criteria, test environment architecture and test lab resources.
- Accurately record and report defects found during test events and track to resolution.
- Conduct static and dynamic testing at all software testing levels to include functional, system, acceptance, and load testing.
- Provide status of tasking to project leads and management.
- Work effectively in a highly collaborative team-oriented environment. Demonstrate initiative by identifying solutions for problems and influencing team members to implement them.
- Promote software testing best practices.
- Work with NIWC stakeholders, development, and support teams to ensure comprehensive (both automated and manual) testing is conducted during test events.
- Perform other test related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of testing business application and enterprise information systems.
- Knowledge of static and dynamic software test activities.
- Skilled in creating software test plans, test cases, test procedures, test scripts and test data conditions.
- Skilled at mapping test cases to requirements and providing input to generate a requirements traceability matrix.
- Ability to coordinate and collaborate with members of a software development or systems engineering team to accomplish project team goals and objectives.
- Ability to capture test data, analyze test results and clearly communicate (orally and written) findings and/or deficiencies.
- Ability to determine test approaches, develop test schedules and identify risks associated with testing.
- Knowledgeable with Micro Focus ALM and UFT.
- Knowledgeable with shared object repositories, function libraries and creating reusable actions.
- Knowledgeable with Structed Query Language (SQL) and relational database management systems.
- Familiarity with JIRA is a plus.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at