Cerium Networks is a recognized innovator and leading provider of a full suite of unified communications and collaboration (UC&C) contact center and customer experience management, network infrastructure and security solutions. Our strength lies in our consultative approach, deep technical experience, local resources and extensive strategic partnerships.
This position is responsible for the implementation, analysis, troubleshooting, support, and resolving customer escalated issues of their communication infrastructure. Supports Unified Communications solutions and applications related to one or more Avaya Communication Manager, Avaya IP Office or other designated voice, video and data applications.
Ideal candidate must be a self-starter, well organized, a team player and a problem solver. Position requires independence and accountability as well as a collaborative effort. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain identified industry certifications for designated technology being supported. Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Position can work remotely from any location, but the position will require the individual to work west coast hours to best meet our customer and business needs.
- Support the designated solution technology for the manufacture engineering practice assigned in post-sale engagements
- Provide remote and on-site support in the diagnosing, troubleshooting and resolving system issues. Includes analyzing and resolving any system issues that are causing system service disruptions
- Focus on rapid identification and resolution of customer issues
- Provide first level support to Cerium Network partners and customers
- Answer questions and perform initial triage on problem reports
- Document each customer interaction using our Microsoft CRM ticket management system
- Provide timely and effective resolution to support requests based on internal and external service level agreements (SLA)
- Provide ongoing, regular updates to customers to keep them apprised of progress toward problem resolution
- Create and update technical documentation, as requested
- Achieve or Renew industry identified certifications for designated technology
- Participate in off hours and on call support including rotational swing, and graveyard shifts
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in solutions support of various Avaya systems and telecom or telephony experience.
- Knowledgeable of a variety of Avaya solutions (Communication Manager, System and Session Manager, IP Office).
- Certifications from Avaya, Cisco and/or Microsoft desirable.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.