Description Job Requisition:
Avionics Technician Job Description:
The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation, High Resolution ISR Systems Division at Leidos currently has an opening for an Avionics Technician to work in our FAA Part 145 Repair station located in Manassas, VA. We integrate, man, deploy, and maintain FAA certified aircraft for various CONUS and OCONUS operations in support of DOD and other agencies/partners.
The Avionics Technician will be responsible for performing work in all aspects of a Part 145 Avionics Shop, including but not limited to installations, upgrades, modifications, and line services. The avionics technician will work with common off the shelf avionics systems and parts as well as custom and Government delivered specialized systems.
- Performance of line service
- Avionics and Sensor system installations
- Troubleshooting and repair work for Avionics
- Fabricate wiring harnesses, terminate wire bundles, install pins, connectors, etc.
- Will conduct maintenance on a wide variety of aircraft types ranging from fixed wing piston to turbo prop and executive jet to rotor wing
- Will be expected to be able to work independently using drawings and guidance from engineers and install systems in accordance with engineering information provided using standard practices and procedures
- Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must possess a valid state driver's license
- Must read, write, speak and understand English
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain an active DOD security clearance at the SECRET level, or higher
- FCC License
- Must be able to perform to FAA standards in an AS9100 certified facility
- Must complete DoT drug test to determine the presence of illegal or un-prescribed controlled substances
- Lift, balance, and carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to read and use schematics and drawings
- Must be able to read and interpret wiring diagrams and prints
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year round weather conditions
- Must have ability to work in tight spaces while kneeling and crouched positions
- Must be able to perform basic soldering, harness fabrication and installation without assistance
- Ability to design and integrate avionics systems and electrical systems and development schematics
- Experience using common ramp test equipment such as ATC, NAV, TCAS, Pilot Static test sets etc.
- FAA A&P License
- Inspector Authorization
- Experience in General Aviation, Garmin, Rockwell Collins, Honeywell and others
- Clear knowledge and detailed experience with virtualized environments, multi-level security solutions, and cross domain solutions
Education & Experience
- High School diploma and 3+ years of prior relevant experience
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline desired but not required
External Referral Bonus: Eligible Potential for Telework:
No Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Standard Plus On Call Requisition Category:
Professional Job Family:
Aircraft Avionics Technician
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.