AWS Cloud Engineer REF#:
33122 CBS BUSINESS UNIT:
CBS Television Network JOB TYPE:
Full-Time Staff JOB SCHEDULE:
Full-Time JOB LOCATION:
New York, NY ABOUT US:
CBS was established in 1928, when founder William Paley purchased 16 independent radio stations and christened them the Columbia Broadcast System. Today, with more than 200 television stations and affiliates reaching virtually every home in the United States, CBS's total network lineup was watched by more than 110 million people a week during the 2017/2018 season. CBS has been the #1 network in primetime for 10 consecutive seasons. The network has the #1 comedy/scripted program, THE BIG BANG THEORY; #1 newsmagazine, 60 MINUTES; #l late night program, THE LATE SHOW WITH STEPHEN COLBERT and #1 daytime drama, THE YOUNG AND THE RESTLESS. Its programming arms include CBS Entertainment, CBS News and CBS Sports. DESCRIPTION:
The Infrastructure/Cloud Administrator role will use the skills required of a Systems Administrator in an in-house or hosted environment, as well as a working knowledge of the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, and decommission Infrastructure and cloud services.
- Support in-house network, server, and platform operating systems.
- Support off premises/cloud initiatives and migrations.
- Maintain network and system documentation.
- Enforce CBS security policies, initiatives, and compliance reporting.
- Maintain network and system monitoring tools.
- Working knowledge of cloud services: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS
- Working knowledge of Multi-tier architectures: load balancers, caching, web servers, application servers and databases.
- Experience with various virtualization technologies and multi-tenant, private and hybrid cloud environments.
- Working technical knowledge of in-house network, server, and platform operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current systems software, protocols, and standards, including firewalls, Active Directory, etc.
- Strong system administration (Linux/Unix or Windows) at the command-line level including IP tables.
- Experience in scripting (BASH, Perl, Powershell, Python) and building required automation (using standard technologies such as Puppet, Ansible and Chef)
- Strong knowledge of network administration.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
- In-depth knowledge and experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud.
- Knowledge of broadcast transcoding and workflow automation systems.
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or engineering or five to ten years' equivalent work experience.
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
- Preferred, but not required certifications include: AWS Cloud Practitioner, AWS SysOps Administrator, AWS Solutions Architect, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert MCSE Cloud, Cisco Certified Network Professional CCNP, Google Certified Professional or Associate.
#LI-PS1 EEO STATEMENT:
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled