Do you have exceptional technical and people's skills? Have belong to special teams that solve difficult tasks around your organization? Are you ready to make a difference? And if you re interested in your work impacting millions of users, read on! (Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.s to apply for Public Trust Clearance)
Our progressive company is looking for DevOps Azure Engineer with 5 plus years of experience to join our award-winning team in delivering cutting-edge technology solutions spanning cloud and enterprise. This position will help transform businesses through new product development and modernization of existing enterprise systems for our customers. We re looking for people who are passionate about DevOps and take pride on the results they produce.
How would you invest your time?
She/he will immerse themselves with agile teams and personify a pioneering spirit and apply innovative thinking in novel and unique situations.
- Recommending and maturing best practices and tools
- Analyzing and improving existing build and release lifecycles.
- Configuring Jenkins and build executors, developing Jenkins files, configuring Jenkins projects, multibranch pipeline configurations, troubleshooting failed builds.
- Configuring networks, subnets, and firewall rules for both Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Configuring, administering, and troubleshooting *nix operating systems including block device management, partitioning, LVM, SNMP, systems services, application configuration, etc.
- Developing builds, pipelines, and storage solutions for dependency libraries and build binaries using Jenkins, Artifactory, Azure Storage, Maven, etc.
- Writing configuration management code for Ansible, Chef, ARM.
- Writing container code for Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes.
- Writing shell scripts for Bash.
- Working with other departments to requisition and configure new Azure and/or on-premises infrastructure.
- Creating infrastructure, application, and product diagrams using Microsoft Visio.
- Training and mentoring of software development teams on build and release best practices.
- Secrets management using Ansible Vault, Azure Key Vault.
- Azure administration and infrastructure development using Azure Portal, ARM templates, Ansible.
- Nginx and Apache web server configuration and administration.
- Oracle Database and PostgreSQL configuration and administration.
- WebLogic Server and Apache Tomcat application server configuration and administration.
- Infrastructure administration and development using VirtualBox and operating system image
- 4 year degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related technical field;
- 3 years of direct experience in Software Development, Networking or System Administration role.
- Able to communicate effectively and understand people, culture, and how large organizations operate.
- Experience scripting and automating deployments and management of IT solutions.
- History of building process and repeatability into your work products.
- Broad understanding of tools and technologies with a preference for Azure, Jenkins, Bitbucket/Git, and Kubernetes/Helm.
- Source Control (Git, Bitbucket)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Bamboo, VSTS )
- Infrastructure Automation (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Deployment Automation & Orchestration (Jenkins, VSTS, Octopus)
- Container Concepts (LXD, Docker)
- Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GoogleCloud, Openstack)
- Build and deployment of cloud based and hybrid-cloud solutions with Jenkins, Git.
- Strong operational experience in Linux/Unix environment and scripting (Python, Perl, Shell).
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Development: 3+ Years
- DevOps: 5+ Years
- Azure, AWS, or GCP: 2+ Years
Other important skills: Good attitude, pride on the results of your work, great work ethic, conducive to a collaborative and learning environment. As well as U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
About Us: Nueducation Inc. is a WOSB company based in Washington DC providing leading-edge information technology solutions to the higher education and federal government sectors. With a particular focus in continuing improvement, learning, and leading the continuous delivery of enterprise solutions in AWS, DevOps, and API management, our team can you help leverage the full-capabilities of your product or solution.
- The team is greater than one person - we collaborate
- We're a learning company
- Failure is good, and success is even better
- We work hard and we're compensated equally
- How can we - is a constant
Make your move. Sounds great? Apply now and join a great team of DevOps SMEs, Cloud Architects, and senior technical professionals just like you!
Direct candidates only; thank you!