* Implement Microsoft SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS on Azure. Experience with Managed Instance is critical.
* Migrate databases from physical servers and VMs to Azure.
* Work with developers to assist in overall database design, tuning queries, assigning proper indexes, creating triggers and stored procedures.
* Install and upgrade SQL servers / clusters, monitoring database server health, tuning for optimal performance, ensuring proper use of storage and space requirements, ensuring backup and recovery, and managing database security.
* Provide a high degree of coordination between Bank colleagues, technical staff, and application developers to ensure effective data management.
* Operate with substantial latitude for independent action and requires an individual who is capable of decision-making, and establishing and enforcing SQL Best Practices standards relating to database management.
* Minimum 5 years of SQL DBA experience
Skills and Knowledge:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience * 5+ years' of SQL DBA experience required
* At least 3 years working as an Azure DBA
* Min 1 year recent hands-on MS SQL Server 2016/2017 environment DBA experience required
* Strong Transact SQL development skills * Experience with Cosmos DB, blobs, and other Storage solutions is a plus
* Significant experience in implementing and managing MS SQL Server 2016, MS SQL Server 2017 High Availability (HA) options such as Always-On, Distributed Availability groups, Fail-over Cluster, Log Shipping, Replication required