Hands on experience as an Azure Engineer and Administrator working with large complex IT environments. Demonstrable Azure platform wide experience is required. The role consists of supporting Azure configuration in preparation to the migration of applications and conducting the actual migration work including monitoring health and managing once migrated. It is required to make sure the data is secure, access is secure and the apps and data are backed up. Managing and enhancing Cloud service delivery and quality as a thought leader is paramount. The role requires Azure experience with support processes, managing subscription and profiles, ability to identify issues and provide a resolution. Also experience with Azure cloud networking, databases, software and servers is required.
Experience with PowerShell and the Microsoft suite to understand how these services integrate with Azure is required,
Job duties and responsibilities:
Azure Engineering and Administrator Experience
• Gain a comprehensive understanding of business objectives, strategy and existing processes as it pertains to Azure administration.
• Work with Azure administration, engineering teams and management to learn technical and administrative requirements.
• Provide input on cloud sizing in preparation to migrating workloads.
• Configure cloud networks.
• Monitor resources and Log analytics.
• Cloud compute capabilities.
• Implement and manage storage.
• Implement and or manage security and protection identities.
• Follow and or improve upon existing migration processes.
• Migrate on-prem workloads to Azure utilizing existing processes.
• Provide insights to best practices as relates to migration work.
• Be an aware project team member that promotes best practices.
• A seasoned, self-directed, team-oriented experience track record strongly preferred.
• Ability to provide thought leadership to the current environment for process and management improvement.
• Deep technical Azure platform expertise.
• Experience with all types of IT projects including migrating on-prem infrastructure to Azure environments (including IaaS and PaaS) and the associated storage, network and security considerations.
• Extensive experience working with large, complex organizations as it relates to Azure administration and migration.
• Ability to explain and demonstrate Azure capabilities in a clear and concise manner with internal and external technical teams, managers and Executive level sponsors.
• Hands on experience with configuring networks (virtual networks, IP routing, managing IP addresses).
• Basic functioning knowledge of databases, software and servers.
• Proficiency with scripting protocols such as PowerShell and ARM templates.
• Experience with automation tools such as ansible, terraform, etc.
• Proficient with different operating systems such as Windows Server, Azure VM, Linux, Unix.
• Excellent and demonstrable written and verbal communication skills with the ability to provide a clear explanatory and procedural style for different audiences.
• Hands on experience with Azure, demonstratable from previous Azure administrative and migration engineering role(s).
• Capability to gather workload dependencies, understand risks and make recommendations on migrating.
• Strong ability to prioritize, multi-task and assist with driving migration project(s) to success.
• Passion to capture meaningful detail, pain points and successes with the ability to apply that detail for fostering an optimal outcome.
Desired Training / Experience:
• 4-year bachelors technical degree in engineering or computer science or related experience strongly preferred.
• Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator
• Microsoft Azure Infrastructure and Deployment
• 3+ years working as an Azure Administrator with workload migration experience.
• Public cloud, private cloud and hybrid cloud experience.
• Cloud storage, network / interconnectivity, access and identity management (IAM).
• Cloud access and security (RBAC, SSO, LDAP, AD).
• High availability design, backup and disaster recovery.
• Monitor, repair, upgrade as related to operationalizing the environment and ensuring latest security, stability and feature sets.