Ready to make an impact? If so, please read on!
The ALM Platform Automation Team (CI/CD Team) is looking for an experienced and motivated Azure Automation Engineer
to join our Azure DevOps aka VSTS pipeline development team. We are seeking an experienced developer that can write both complex PowerShell and .Net/C# code and review junior developers work. An excellent understanding of code development best practices, process design and automation, and broad knowledge of DevOps concepts, tools, and technologies is required. You must be proactive with a sharp engineering mind to develop and implement solutions that are resilient, scalable, simple, and manageable. You will work within a well-established Agile Scrum team to design and develop complex VSTS extensions/plugins and automated workflows with PowerShell (and C# as necessary) in Azure DevOps/VSTS. Experience required integrating these workflows with other GEICO's DevOps tools and external third party platforms. You must also guide and help build complex pipelines for and with our customers and provide support to customers about how to effectively use the various pipelines building blocks/automated solutions developed. High level of communication skills and experience keeping updated technical documentation required.
Would you like to join this innovative team? If so, do you meet these qualifications?Candidate Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or related field
• At least 3 years of developing complex PowerShell scripts, modules, functions to automate different processes and manual tasks
• At least 1 year experience developing .Net REST APIs (Web API, MVC, etc.)
• Experience with GIT source control repositories, both from command lines as well as with Visual Studio IDE
• Experience working with or using Azure technologies such as virtual machines, blob, queues, tables, Cloud Services, functions apps, Azure
• Active Directory, Virtual Networks, etc
• Experience working and writing code with Azure REST APIs, Azure PowerShell Module, or Azure CLI
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Azure technologies (V1 and V2) and service offerings to guide the design and choice of solutions to meet complex architectural and applications requirements
• Familiarity with Cloud design patterns
• Good oral and written communication skills required for interacting with cross-functional project teams including Analysts, Developers, Build Masters, Testers, etc.Additional Qualifications:
• Experience developing Azure DevOps/VSTS PowerShell Tasks/extensions
• Experience with node.js development
• Experience working in Agile teams and doing Agile development
• Experience configuring Azure DevOps/VSTS or TFS build definition
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.How to Apply
Click "Apply for Job" to complete your application. You will need an active email address and phone number. Please upload your resume, preferably as Word .doc files or PDF. Once you begin your application you can save it and access it later. Your application should include any work and/or internship experience from at least the past five years.