At eXcell, we set you up for job success right from the start. Our precision recruiting process aligns the right fit for the right people.
Our client s Office of the Chief Information Security Officer is seeking an Azure Cloud / Application Security Engineer with the experience to review and analyze legacy applications, provide security expertise on refactoring the applications (web and mobile applications, Machine Learning, and Big Data) to utilize cloud-native services, and work with other client resources to develop the best approaches for refactoring, migrating, and maintaining applications in a cost-effective, repeatable, secure, scalable, and maintainable way.
Specific Project Deliverables:
- Provide inputs for design, testing, engineering, automation, API integration, and implementation of security solutions in all aspects of Information Security
- Work closely with product and platform teams to engineer and implement application and cloud security controls
- Assist in developing an automated framework for Security Tool deployment and development, leveraging various scripting languages and open source solutions
- Plan, implement, upgrade, and monitor security measures related to computer networks and software testing and validation procedures, programming and documentation (AWS, Azure Cloud Security, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, Machine Learning, AI Sandboxing)
- Work autonomously in an area of specialization to analyze internal security and provide relevant information to internal and external customers, suppliers, and partners
- Architect and design API Security, Container Security, Azure / AWS Cloud Security, etc.
- Security posture assessment and requirements-based hardening
- Prepare presentation and documentation on Application and Cloud security technologies and requirements
- Assist in documentation of Applications and Cloud Services in a System Security Plan
- Advise development teams on how to securely design applications and services following industry best practices and enhance existing approaches to security engineering
- Provide detailed guidance on how to securely develop and deploy applications in cloud environments
- Perform security analysis of web applications and web services and understand the threats, attacks and risks to applications
- Explain in detail project vision, goals, expected time frames
- Bachelor s or Master's degree or higher in engineering or related field with 6-8 years of developing Applications and integration in the Cloud with a recent focus on security
- Industry certification such as CISSP, CEH, or GIAC coupled with verifiable expertise in Application / Cloud design and implementation
- Demonstrated experience in managing and deploying Applications in the Cloud, including Azure and AWS
- Proficient in Cloud technologies. AWS Solutions Architect, AWS Developer Certification(s), and/or Azure Architect Certification preferred
- Demonstrated strong technical writing skills acquired in a large enterprise IT consulting, administration, or support environment
- Extensive Appsec, Encryption, Data Protection, and tool integration experience
- Prior senior-level security engineering experience
- Experience designing, configuring, implementing and leveraging cloud services models such as SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS for system security
- Deep expertise with OWASP Top 10 attack vectors, security frameworks (NIST, CIS)
- Technical experience with enterprise programming language, especially related to secure coding best practices
- Government (Azure / AWS) cloud experience preferred
- Background in delivering full-life cycle projects
- Strong analytical skills to solve ambiguous and complex problems, perform research to identify and derive solution opportunities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, arrest, and conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. This includes the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance as well as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.