Our direct client one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer is seeking an Azure Cloud Solution Architect for immediate hire! The preferred location of this role is Kansas City, MO.
As cloud solution architect in the incubator squad you'll combine design thinking techniques, software development, networking skills, business domain know how and apply agile architecture principles to build high-quality applications.
Your responsibilities include:
- You work closely with the Product Manager to understand the problems, evaluate technical feasibility and develop solution designs.
- Together with the squad you use design thinking techniques to empathize with our customers on their journey and find innovative solutions to solve their problems.
- You lead the implementation of cloud native solutions, building apps that amaze customers by its simplicity.
- You focus on developing API-centric apps, know the digital ecosystem and integrate your solution with ease with external services.
- You embrace and spread the DevSecOps culture and mindset in the squad, automating everything and enabling continuous delivery of high quality and valuable features at a very fast pace!
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in agile software engineering with full stack development background and deep understanding of modern, cloud native architectures and software patterns
- At least 5 years of application architecture experience
- You act as the technical representative for our security architecture and cybersecurity posture. You create secure, defendable configurations of systems, applications, data, threat protection and processes
- Proficient in either Java or .Net core and TypeScript
- Knows all the important technologies on the CNCF landscape map
- Docker and kubernetes knowledge essential
- Security design and applied knowledge. You act as the technical representative for our security architecture and cybersecurity posture. You create secure, defendable configurations of systems, applications, data, threat protection and processes
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Microsoft Azure PaaS features
- Hands on experience on Azure services
- Hands on experience in Microservice development on Azure using Container Service & Service Fabric, experience of executing cloud native projects in Azure with DevOps, experience on Azure Integration services like Service Bus and Event Hubs
- Good knowledge of Azure IaaS (VMs, VNET, NSG Rules, VPN Gateways and Express Route)
- Excellent communication, people management skills and efficiency when working with senior management and key external clients is important
- Entrepreneurial and able to demonstrate commercial acumen when driving business-technology decisions
- An understanding of P&C primary insurance is a plus
- Excellent Communication skills and proficient in English
If you are qualified and interested, please apply today!