Position: Azure Cloud Solution Architect
Location: San Francisco/ Bay Area (Non-Local Fine)
· Certification in Azure Solution Architecture (Mandatory)
· Application background needed
· Ability to review the on-premises application infrastructure and make recommendations to utilize Azure cloud native services
· Containers is an absolute requirement, Open Shift, Kubernetes, etc.
· Majority of applications are written in Java, so having a Java background and understanding is important
· Having a background in healthcare is a requirement to understand how healthcare organizations work, and think. Especially around their specific security needs, HIPPA, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Architect and develop custom solutions as part of our app modernization and cloud-native development services leveraging Azure PaaS and the Kubernetes container platform.
· Expert-level technical design and thought-leadership of Azure assessment and implementation engagements
· Lead elaboration and discovery sessions to inform solution design, migration and modernization strategy
· Implement modern serverless services via Azure App Services, functions, and Logic Apps
· Implement end-to-end DevSecOps automated processes and pipelines via Azure DevOps
· Support IaaS and data migrations and PaaS modernizations
· Hands-on experience with Kubernetes, AKS, OpenShift or ARO container platforms and guide and support development teams as needed
· Communicate thoroughness of vision for system architecture topology, component design, networking and security of proposed solutions through modeling and using tools like Visio
· Provide technical leadership for on-premises assessment, economic forecast and modernization strategy
· Contribute knowledge, tools and positivity to the EA group and greater Delta Dental culture and community
· Serve as a technical leader and mentor
CORE COMPETENCIES / KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
· Demonstrable hands-on experience in Platform Technologies: Azure App Services, Azure Functions, Kubernetes/AKS/OpenShift, Azure storage, Service Bus, Azure SQL Database, Redis Cache, Azure Search, Azure Monitor, Application Insights, Traffic Manager, Key Vault, Cosmos DB, Azure DevOps, API Management, ARM templates, and general cloud governance and security mechanisms are required.
· Experience with modern data solutions via Azure Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Bricks, SQL data warehouse, and Cosmos DB.
· Experience using EA modeling tools like Orbus; MS 365 tools, Sharepoint, Confluence, Jira, etc.
· Applicable knowledge of principles summarized in the Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework
· Experience developing architectures in multiple domains -- infrastructure, Security, Software architectures and key software components
· Experience with IaaS and PaaS capabilities on cloud platforms
· Sufficient depth and breadth of technical knowledge to be individually responsible for the design and scope of deliverables within a field of expertise
· Able to communicate and present complex issues with preciseness, assurance and confidence
· Passion for technology and a high technical aptitude
· Demonstrable consulting skills including: questioning, listening, ideas development, permission and rapport, and influencing
· An understanding of modern Azure service offerings is a must.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING REQUIRED
· 5+ years of enterprise architecture, infrastructure and/or solution delivery experience and a Bachelor of Computer Science
· 3+ years delivering enterprise solutions on the Microsoft Azure platform
· Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology