Title: Azure Cloud Admin - Lead
Duration: 4 months temp to perm or Perm
Location: 490 L'Enfant Plaza SW #2206, Washington, DC 20024
We are currently seeking a Lead Azure Cloud Administrator to work on-site in Washington, DC. Actual address of where work will be performed is: 451 7th Street SW, Washington, D.C. 20410 next to L'Enfant Plaza.
- Technical Team Lead of an Azure Operations group.
- Responsible for day to day operations including installation, configuration, and maintenance of systems, software, and related Azure infrastructure.
- Windows and Linux administration.
- Participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
- Use ticketing system to assist customers with cloud server issues and status information. Troubleshoot Windows/Linux OS, networks, cloud, storage, application, and firewalls.
- Work with team to enhance the automation capabilities of deployment, monitoring, & maintenance, within the DevOps construct.
- Work closely with team members to resolve technical issues, as well as perform routine tasks such as monitoring, server management, user and group administration, software installation, imaging etc.
- Assist with the forecasting and managing of server technologies and growth, coordinate and manage client/server disaster recovery planning.
- Apply patch and security changes per policy and proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Participate in long- and short-range technology planning.
- Maintain documentation for configurations, operating procedures, and service records relating to cloud instances and software.
- Participates in change management processes to include patch compliance which also includes Information Assurance Validation Testing.
- Candidate should possess strong analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to participate in technical meetings.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or IS or equivalent work experience.
- Microsoft Azure AZ-100 or AZ-103 certification.
- 3-4+ years of Azure experience in an Enterprise environment.
- 3-4+ years of hands on experience with Windows and/or Linux System Administration, preferably in an Enterprise environment, supporting large scale server deployments.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions 70-533 Certification.
- Azure Production Deployment & Maintenance Automation via Infrastructure-As-Code in Ansible and/or Chef.
- Experience deploying and administering applications in a cloud environment via Automation.
- Active Directory Administration on-Prem and in Azure.
- Azure AD
- Server Builds
- Patch Management
- Backup / Recovery, and DR
- Scripting with PowerShell or Bash
- Experience working with Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deployment technologies, including JIRA, Git, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Confluence, Nexus, etc.
APN Software Service INC