Armedia is a technology company with 18 years of experience. We are a CMMI Level 3 systems integrator providing Business Process Management, Document Management, Electronic Case Management and Records Management services and solutions.
We are currently undertaking a mission to provide a variety of services for our customer looing to migrate development activities to the Azure Cloud. The provisioning and deployment efforts will be compliant to government standards including but not limited to FedRAMP, ISO 27001, HITRUST, and PCI DSS. Additionally, the provisioning and deployment efforts will include setup of systems and application monitoring capabilities that can proactively address issues as they arise, provide business user dashboards with key application metrics, and engineering teams with detailed dashboards for system and application components.
The DevOps Engineer (Engineer) provide support in:
- Automating the deployment of solutions within multi-tier environments that run .NET and Java-based applications with database and file storage backends, having load balancers and proxy servers supporting end user access, along with the ability to add application auto-scaling as needed.
- Automate the use of templates, scripting languages, configuration management (CM), and automation tools to manage and deploy highly-available application stacks on to virtualized infrastructure platforms.
- The Engineer ideally has experience with containerized infrastructure such as that offered with Docker.
- Support designing and implementing Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines using tools such as GitHub, Jenkins, Ansible, and Maven.
- Support project teams in providing automation of the CD effort necessary for smooth application deployment stacks into higher environments.
- Support designing and building application and systems monitoring solutions that provide infrastructure, product, and project teams visual insights into the operating states of the deployed solutions using tools such Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana (ELK), Redis, Nagios/Icinga2, and Splunk.
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
Required Professional Certifications:
- Azure Developer Associate
Required Years of Relevant Experience:
The Engineer must have at least:
- Three (3) years of experience designing and managing CI/CD,
- Two (2) years of virtualized infrastructure experience involving design, automated provisioning, automated configuration, and optimization of either Linux or Windows based systems (Red Hat Enterprise Linux/CentOS or Windows 2008 and later).
Desired Years of Relevant Experience:
- Ten (10) Plus years of total experience
- Three years of related experience in the configuration and support of FedRAMP compliant environments
- Provisioning and administration of solutions on Azure DevOps
- Implementing application CI/CD pipelines with Docker, Maven, Ansible, Jenkins, and GitHub
- Using automation/CM tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Puppet for the automated deployment of application stacks to a multi-tier environment and supporting high availability (HA).
- Strong working knowledge of Bash, Ruby, Python, Java, and or PowerShell, and has experience with using scripts for automating provisioning, deployment, and administrative tasks.
- Strong working knowledge of Java Application Servers with experience supporting applications on Tomcat, Jetty, and or JBoss.
- Strong working knowledge and experience with virtualized infrastructures such as AWS and VMware, and container offerings such as Docker.
- Strong working knowledge of JIRA or other task management tools
Armedia is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is dedicated to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex/gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.