Please note I have direct access to the Hiring Azure Manager on this position.
Compensation: Base + 10% Bonus + Unlimited PTO
Position is 100% Remote
This is an outstanding opportunity that will allow a Sr. Azure Cloud DevOps Architect to expand their experience by designing and building out an end-to-end greenfield enterprise level Azure DevOps environment to handle extreme product growth utilizing bleeding edge technologies for a company that actually saves lives.
We are the leading Global Biotech Company in our niche and are looking for a Sr. Azure DevOps Cloud Architect. We have been in business for 50+ years, are publicly traded, have 7+K global employees, have $5.2B in revenue (16% increase over FY 2021), $108 million in profit (44% increase over FY 2021), have 750 product patents, released 7 new products in 2021 and are an active philanthropic institution.
The Sr. Azure DevOps Architect will lead a team of 6 Azure DevOps Engineers. The Sr. Azure DevOps Architect/Engineer will:
- Review, analyze and assess the current infrastructure, architecture and development environments in collaboration with engineering and infrastructure management to set overall DevOps strategy, standards and best practices
- Complete the design and build out of the DevOps environment based on the Azure ecosystem.
- Develop new and migrate existing builds from GitHub Actions to CI/CD by developing scripts (YAML, YML and/or PowerShell) to build pipelines in ADO (Azure DevOps)
- Utilize Docker Compose in Docker for containerization
- Utilize Helm and AKS for orchestration in a clustered environment
- Utilize JFrog Artifactory for Artifact Management
- Guide and mentor DevOps staff on the philosophical and technical aspects of Azure DevOps Engineering and CI/CD.
- Ensure that the DevOps department is fully utilizing the Azure DevOps suite of products to best suit the needs of the engineering and infrastructure departments.
- Assist in hiring additional Azure DevOps Engineers as applications and developers continue migration to Azure
- Be held accountable for relentlessly staying abreast of and performing research on the industries latest bleeding edge technologies and emerging trends and making proposals to showcase their application to the company s architecture
The Sr. Azure DevOps Architect reports to the Azure Manager
- Must have 3-5+ years of Azure DevOps Engineering; preferably establishing and building out an Azure DevOps environment from the ground up.
- Experience building pipelines in ADO
- Experience deploying Docker for containerization and Kubernetes/AKS for orchestration
- Experience with any of the following are only a plus; NOT mandatory: Helm, NuGet for Package Management, JFrog, Azure Security, Azure Governance, Jira, GitHub and/or Azure Synapse Analytics. Again, NOT mandatory
Company offers a comprehensive benefits package including: 6% matching 401K (immediately vested); 3 Weeks PTO, HMO/PPO medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees; vacation and paid company holidays, flexible spending plans, tuition reimbursement and a casual work environment.