Location: Arlington, VA
Initial term: 12 months
This role will be responsible for ensuring the architecture of the Azure data warehouse complies with global IT strategy and system architecture best practices at all times. The Azure Developer will be supporting the Advanced Analytics use case in business areas including sales, trade, customer service, and logistics. This role requires comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft BI suite, Azure Cloud Tools/Technologies. This candidate will design technical infrastructure that meets global requirements following system architecture best practices. They will need to ensure security of data by maintaining the integrity and performance of databases and guaranteeing that data is stored securely and optimally. This position will play a key role between the reporting teams, business areas, and technology teams to enhance the advanced analytics user experience.
- Experienced in Azure Cloud technologies e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Python, Spark SQL, Azure Data Bricks, Azure SQL DW, and Azure Analysis Service (AAS)
- Build and deliver in Git/DevOps model using automation and CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, and implementing analytics using Azure Cloud architecture with structured and unstructured data sources
- Comfortable working with ambiguity (e.g. imperfect data, loosely defined concepts, ideas, or goals) and translating these into more tangible outputs
- 2+ year of experience in Azure Cloud technologies e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake Analytics, Python, Spark SQL, Azure Data Bricks, Azure SQL DW, and Azure Analysis Service (AAS) required
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing analytics platforms using Azure Cloud architecture with structured and unstructured data sources required
- Strong analytical skills in problem solving, troubleshooting, and issue resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) across multiple teams, facilitate meetings, and coordinate activities
- Required strong experience in developing in advanced analytics tools
- Experience with Power BI, Azure and Microsoft Analytics tools
- Knowledge of database models, SQL query, and data analysis
- Strong analytical skills with ability to collect, organize, analyze data and convert in meaningful information.