Evolve technology products to meet and exceed needs:
- Understand and contribute to the "full stack" of development (designs and products)
- Produce quality code, releases and fixes
- Deliver technology products according to business needs
- Build resilient products/features which are easily maintainable
- Optimize application development and product quality
Collaborate in a high performing team and an elite technology community
As part of the Data & Analytics Engineering team, the DevOps Engineer will play a critical design, deliver, and operationalize end to end data and analytics capabilities and solutions; from consultation through operations.
The Data Management & Analytics Framework
- Part of the team that will:
- Build the core data management and analytics framework to drive the end-to-end digital platform for the Company.
- Partner with architecture and infrastructure, security, and administration to design, implement, and operate a data integration, standardization, and consumption platform to ensure consistent use of information across partner organizations.
- Develop and operationalize full life-cycle of data and analytic solutions into business processes to maximize the value.
- Manage, support and modernize analytic capabilities as a managed service including research environments, ad-hoc reporting and analysis, and shifting of tactical solutions to industrialized frameworks.
- Collaborate with architecture, product management, and other engineering teams to enable the development of complex data and analytics solutions.
Quality Assurance, Operations & Production Support
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Develop the discipline to ensure timely delivery of highly reliable data and data related solutions.
- Identify and realize opportunities to harden, modernize, and improve overall resilience of new and existing capabilities, systems, and platforms.
- Identify and realize opportunities to leverage automation and improve processes to "shift left"
- 4+ years of experience with software development automation with focus on data and analytics software solutions
- Multiple years of experience in Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, automated testing preferable in a cloud environment (Azure strongly preferred)
- Experience working with Azure DevOps
- Experience in execution and delivery in/with large organizations (especially within Financial Industry), complex functional environments, and dispersed geographies.
- Experience in automating the development, deployment, and maintainance of transactional systems, operational databases and data stores, data warehousing, reporting, analytics platforms, tools, and technologies.
- Demonstrated contribution as a DevOps engineer for large, complex, multi-disciplinary systems implementation projects.
- Have an understanding of modern software development - Agile/Scrum methodology, Cloud platforms and technologies (Azure, AWS, Google Cloud Platform), Continuous Integration/Continuous Development, automated testing
- Understanding and appreciation for both business and technology components of information management in insurance and/or financial services industry
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative.
- Ability and desire to be a primary contributor on key projects from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
- Proven track record in meeting aggressive deadlines.
- B.S./B.A. degree in Computer Science, Electrical and Computer Engineering, or other technical fields. Coding and Data Science boot camps coupled with other advanced degrees and proven experience are fully considered. Higher level degree is strongly preferred.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at or