GDT is seeking an Azure Solution Architect to join our organization. This person will be our Azure Subject Matter Expert and will be customer facing.
In this role you will you will be responsible for the following:
- Working closely with our clients to understand their needs and evaluate their current cloud infrastructure, most of which is a Microsoft stack. You will be responsible for assessing their platform and making recommendations to change and/or enhance their platform in order for them to achieve their goals. Your role will include:
- Collaborating on and setting Cloud vision for the client along with providing thought leadership and strategy
- Assessing and Architecting cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure and hybrid solution using Azure Stack that meet customer needs for scalability, reliability, and performance;
- Creating functional design specifications for the solutions to be implemented
- Keeping abreast of emerging Cloud technology trends and their impact on Cloud solutions
We are GDT. We are the 6th largest Cisco VAR in North America. We are a multi-award winning Integration Partner and we pride ourselves in hiring the brightest minds who thrive in an autonomous environment. Our talented employees all share key characteristics:
Warrior Spirit– accepts, tackles, conquers challenges, thrives in an autonomous environment, be a leader while accepting leadership.
Thought Leaders– “Out of the box” mentality and approaches, total cost of ownership on each and every project, continual drive to pave the way to the cutting edge.
Highly consultative skills – engage with your peers, but also just as comfortable engaging with your client on project status and best practices.
Knowledge / Skills / Experience / Certifications:
- Strong client management and communication skills; credible and professional presence.
- Ability to formulate a Cloud vision, make critical business and technical recommendations, and lead adoption strategy conversations with Senior and Executive-level customers.
- Extensive experience in the consulting industry, technical leadership, and/or sales support.
- In-depth experience architecting complex Azure public/private Cloud platform solutions (PaaS, SaaS, IaaS).
- Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; ability to work effectively with both customers and team member.
- Experience in driving the deployment of the customers’ workloads into Azure and increase their consumption of the platform by providing deployment guidance, supporting the development of the customers’ cloud adoption model, and providing appropriate recommendations to overcome blockers.
- Passion for continuous improvement and advancing technology solutions.
- Reputation for being a leader in the Cloud field; someone that Microsoft sees as a leader in Cloud strategy/technologies today or in the future.
- B.S. in Computer Science, related fields or commensurate work experience.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and visualize solutions for emerging concepts.
- Experience working in the Microsoft Azure Solution.
- Experience architecting and implementing both PaaS and IaaS enterprise solutions.
- Experience building enterprise web applications using .NET/SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of the following:
- Cloud native architecture principles.
- API design and security practices.
- Modern architecture techniques (e.g. event driven architectures, stream processing, event sourcing/CQRS, Event storming).
- Containerization and PaaS approaches and tools (e.g., Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker Enterprise, Azure Stack).
- Relationships in the Microsoft Azure business and technical communities.