Core Values: As an organization, AAMVA believes core values are critical to individual success and effectiveness. Every individual will exhibit behaviors consistent with the following core values:
- Integrity and honesty in every interaction.
- Full accountability for individual behaviors.
- Customer service that is professional, responsive and positive.
- Innovation, collaboration and creativity in planning and problem solving.
Job Description: AAMVA is seeking a highly motivated and talented Azure Solutions Architect to assist the Infrastructure team with the design, implementation and maintenance of AAMVA’s presence in the Microsoft Government and Commercial clouds. AAMVA develops and operates highly transactional systems that directly support the core business operations of the Motor Vehicle Agencies (e.g. DMV) across the country. In this role, the Architect will promote the use of industry best practices, security frameworks, automation and standardization. The Architect must have a strong background in system infrastructure and networks, and be highly proficient with scripting development. This is a hands-on technical position. In addition to assisting AAMVA’s Infrastructure team, the Solutions Architect will also work closely with the Security and the Software Development teams to help determine and shape the technology direction of the entire organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the organization for cloud end-to-end architecture.
- Build, configure and maintain highly available and scalable cloud infrastructure on the Microsoft Azure stack.
- Collaborate with other AAMVA employees and technology partners to solve architecture challenges that address AAMVA strategic objectives.
- Stay current on the evolution of Microsoft cloud services (including IaaS, SaaS and PaaS); develop architecture roadmaps; implement proof of concepts and reference architectures.
- Develop and implement automation solutions and tools to support infrastructure provisioning, update, backup and recovery.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of the design artifacts (scripts, diagrams, documentation, procedures etc.).
- Develop system migration plans from on premise datacenter to Azure.
- Monitor system availability and performance, identify and resolve issues proactively, provide trending and capacity analysis.
- Respond, troubleshoot and resolve production alerts in concert with other AAMVA team members.
- Operate and communicate in an agile environment.
- Responsible for the establishment on an automated DevOps release management pipeline in collaboration with other technical leads.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills; ability to interact with all layers of personnel.
- Highly autonomous, self-driven technical leader capable of mentoring other team members.
- Highly proficient with architecture documentation, and giving presentation/walk-throughs.
- Excellent organization and attention to details.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Strong hands-on experience with cloud migration (cloud to cloud, or on premise to cloud), and cloud architecture on the AWS or Azure technology stack.
- Strong hands-on experience with system engineering and administration of highly available and scalable infrastructure within a Windows environment.
- Proficient with the use of a Git code repository, and branching strategies.
- Experience with DevOps, Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and infrastructure automation.
- Experience setting up and providing access to database technology such as SQL Server, Azure SQL, Azure Data Lake, HD Insights, Hadoop, Cosmos DB, MongoDB, and MySQL.
- Solid understanding of network fundamentals, such as TCP/IP, DNS, layer 2 and layer 3 routing, virtual networks and firewall fundamentals.
- Solid understanding of secure architectures, secure configuration, identity management, role-based access control, authentication & authorization, and data encryption.
- Understanding of certificates and PKI.
- Experience with load balancers, preferably Azure load balancers. Experience Azure API Gateway and Azure API Management are a plus.
- Experience with Container orchestration technologies such Kubernetes or AKS preferred.
- Experience architecting and deploying O365 preferred.
- Formal Education: Bachelor’s degree in an Computer Science
- Certifications: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or equivalent
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- 10+ years’ experience with Microsoft Technologies
- 5+ years of networking and security technologies
- At least 5 years’ experience deploying and supporting cloud architectures
- 3+ years of scripting or programming language
- 5+ years’ experience in a design and implementation project, including one year of leadership or management of technical projects.
- Ability to manage competing priorities, communicating status among stakeholders, engaging resources as required and independently following tasks through to completion.
- Ability to work outside standard business hours when necessary.
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
AAMVA is an Equal Opportunity Employer—M/F/D/V