GEICO's IT Cloud ALM team is seeking a highly motivated, hands-on technical team lead for our Solutions Delivery team. The solutions delivery team is responsible for the delivery of solutions used by GEICO for Azure DevOps. The candidate chosen for this position will be responsible for leading the ongoing efforts to mature, strengthen, and shape the ALM environment at GEICO. You'll have the opportunity to work directly with GEICO's business-line application teams to understand software development challenges and help drive solutions that deliver code to market faster. You'll develop a deep understanding of GEICO's software development operation across 6,000+ technical staff, with exposure to Azure technologies, enterprise SDLC tooling, application architectures, and process philosophies such as Agile, DevOps.Key responsibilities include:
- Coach and mentor associates
- Conduct performance appraisals, merit review, salary adjustment recommendations, disciplinary actions
- Assist management in developing and maintaining a strategic ALM roadmap for the organization.
- Ability to be customer-facing for all of Azure DevOps services.
- Ability to translate requirements into actionable automation tasks or services
- Assist with the development of GEICO's ALM Strategy and planning of major plan items to align with the company's business objectives
- Ensure alignment with our "Use technology to deliver software with improved speed and quality" team goal, to ensure consistent delivery of services and repeatable patterns to the organization.
- Collaborate with our tools and platform automation team and provide a consensus-based enterprise solution that is scalable, adaptable, and synchronized with the ever-changing business needs.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field is desirable.
- Deep understanding of CI/CD Tooling (Azure DevOps, Git, etc)
- Good understanding of database concepts and data models
- Proven track record of demonstrating an ability to transition in technology, lead, guide, and problem solve
- Knowledge of Full-Stack Development processes and hands-on experience with development
- Deep understanding of fundamental design principles of scalable application development
- Excellent ability to multi-task by balancing the delivery of multiple projects at the same time
- Detail Oriented; great communication and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work in a team-oriented atmosphere and drive result
Note: The safety of our associates, both current and future, is GEICO's highest priority. At this time, most of our associates are working remotely due to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area. Once GEICO determines it is safe for associates to return to the office, candidates may be required to work in our Chevy Chase, MD office.Benefits
As a full-time associate, you'll enjoy our Total Rewards Program* to help secure your financial future and preserve your health and well-being, including:
• Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
• Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
• 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
• Tuition Reimbursement
*Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
**Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
The equal employment opportunity policy of the GEICO Companies provides for a fair and equal employment opportunity for all associates and job applicants regardless of race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, familial status, disability or genetic information, in compliance with applicable federal, state and local law. GEICO hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled.
GEICO reasonably accommodates qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to receive equal employment opportunity and/or perform the essential functions of the job, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship to the Company. This applies to all applicants and associates. GEICO also provides a work environment in which each associate is able to be productive and work to the best of their ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment. We expect and require the cooperation of all associates in maintaining an atmosphere free from discrimination and harassment with mutual respect by and for all associates and applicants.