The Cloud Engineer role is responsible for the overall design and implementation of cloud technologies and infrastructure supporting the Company's SaaS products. This role is responsible for developing and documenting cloud best practices, guidelines, and guardrails for cloud technologies, as well as working to ensure such standards are adhered to. This role works closely with the development teams to guide the technology decisions and ensures that systems perform as designed within the production environment. RESPONSIBILITIES/TASKS:
EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION OR EQUIVALENT EXPERIENCE:
- Participate in Proof of Concepts (POC) efforts as well engaging in the adoption of new technologies
- Ensure proper work breakdowns are performed as a part of Agile task grooming
- Prepare technical design documentation
- Cost and spend optimization of Azure environment
- Work with little to no supervision, assign work to, mentor and engage work of less senior staff
- Perform other related duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Software/Computer/Electrical Engineering field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required.
- Certification in applicable technologies, such as Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert or similar, is highly preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- 10 years' IT experience with infrastructure implementation, management, and support in an enterprise setting.
- 3 years' relevant enterprise experience designing and supporting Azure environments, including IaaS and PaaS, is required; additional experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) is preferred but not required.
- Experience within the insurance industry highly preferred.
- Considerable knowledge of cloud system design, development methods, and techniques
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) principles
- Experience deploying and operating enterprise applications at scale in a cloud IaaS/PaaS environment
- Extensive knowledge of enterprise operating systems, including Windows Server and Red Hat Linux
- Extensive knowledge of applications and platforms, including Microsoft Active Directory and Group Policy, Microsoft Office 365, DNS, and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)
- Excellent technical knowledge of network, security, and storage infrastructure, including local area networks, wide area networks, virtual networks, VPN, firewalls, storage arrays, load balancers, WAN optimizers, proxy servers/services, PKI, hypervisors, and data center management
- Ability to communicate effectively with Clients, Account Managers, Operations Managers and Senior Executives at all organizational levels and with vendors of cloud products and services
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to adapt readily to changing business needs
- Knowledge of Agile Methodologies preferred
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Off-hours and weekend work will be required.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com