This business growth position will be responsible for improving and streamlining sales, business development/capture infrastructure, and meeting new business growth targets within the DHS sector. This new Business Development Director position will be a highly capable individual with a proven track record of opening doors, negotiating and closing deals, and at least 8 years of broad-based, progressive federal contractor experience. The successful candidate will bring a proven competency and demonstrated understanding of new business generation across all contract types, complex solutions development and selling, and effective management of medium to large-scale contract pursuits.
* Developing winning strategies and growth plans based upon innovative, business-based analyses of the DHS market information and current and planned capabilities and requirements.
* Identifying, developing and realizing revenue opportunities, based upon these strategies.
* Leveraging existing DHS pipeline opportunities, prioritizing and aligning assets to win business.
* Assist in the establishing third party teaming relationships, and leveraging existing contracting vehicles and business relationships with other contractors to successfully capture opportunities.
* Identifying opportunities for revenue growth in the current year, as well as over the next 2-3 years and beyond.
* The DHS Director will be primarily measured on meaningful and sustainable new revenue generated from the target sectors and will have discrete annual goals and objectives for revenue, bookings, and opportunity pipeline.
* BA/BS degree in related field, advanced degree and training a plus.
* 8 or more years' experience in a federal business development capacity offering professional services. This should include experience leading the identification, qualification, pursuit, proposal development and capture of opportunities. This should also include the ability to establish a strong "win strategy" and capture plan for targeted opportunities.
* Experience in selling professional information technology services to federal customers to include focus on areas such as cybersecurity, help desk, cloud service offerings, software development and network operations.
* Knowledge of and direct experience developing and closing professional services business within DHS target markets.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to actively listen, read audiences, and quickly identify key issues and areas of need.
* Strong Business Development process discipline and training and experience in capture strategy development and execution.
* Experience in the government contractor support services procurement and proposal process.
Successful candidates will possess the following skills and characteristics:
* Strong closing skills and a proven track record of managing and developing sales and business Service delivery background and understanding of consulting services.
* A personal style which encompasses a consultative approach to customer relationship management.
* Knowledge of Salesforce.com, Deltek/GovWin and SharePoint applications.
* Excellent writing and public speaking skills (including strong proposal writing capabilities to assist as needed with completing compliant and compelling proposals for Federal Civilian solicitations).
* This key individual will be a hands-on, action-oriented, client-focused personality that will drive for results and deliver on new business growth goals.
* Must be able to thrive in a highly interactive team environment and possess highly effective interpersonal, communication, collaborative, and leadership skills.
* Able to work well under pressure, multi-task, and deliver on multiple priorities.
* Driven, quick on their feet, attentive to detail, credible and dedicated to producing work of the highest caliber.
Special Requirements/Security Clearance
* Ability to obtain a DHS clearance when and if required.
Department: Business Development