Job Title: BI (Business Intelligence) Analyst
Insignia Technology Services has an immediate opening for a BI Analyst in support of the Department of Veterans Affairs Enterprise Architecture contract.
Work location is 801 I St. NW, Washington D.C. 20536 (TechWorld)
Apply now to this posting for immediate consideration.
Full Time Position
Prove agency-wide strategic, analytical, and technical support for business intelligence activities. The BI analyst acts as an intermediary between the business community and the technical community working with IT project teams and business clients to collect, clarify, and translate business requirements into documentation and conceptual design (using appropriate tools and models) from which BI applications and solutions are developed. The BI analyst is also heavily involved with the distribution and successful delivery of all BI reports.
- Partners with stakeholders, process specialists, and users to elicit and document business requirements
- Translates non-technical requirements into technical business requirements
- Partners with business departmental teams to define and document business requirements for new metrics and reports
- Teaches, tailors, and asserts control during interactions with business partners and favors challenging over relationship-building
- Elicits requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis
- Designs, develops, and maintains reports and analytical tools
- Evaluates alternate solutions and design processes and systems which includes user impact considerations, cost and benefit analysis, and processing specifications
- Uses current knowledge of business and technology to recommend systems and process improvements
- Performs ongoing monitoring and refinement of reports and BI solutions
- Partners with architecture and solution delivery teams to enable BI applications that have long-term value
- Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and works with customers to uncover unmet business needs
- 5+ years’ experience as a BI Analyst
- Excellent organization, presentation, customer communication, and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to obtain a VA clearance (current clearance preferred).
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of study preferred; 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust, BI clearance
- Must be a US Citizen
Honorably discharged US Military Veterans are encouraged to apply
Insignia Technology Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.