The candidate must have an in-depth understanding of the business environment and an interest in going beyond the obvious, delving into the source, the definition, philosophy, and foundational roots of a data element to create information. They must work well within a team environment.
*** Must have HIVE query development ***
- Provides on-going delivery of recurring reporting solutions.
- Responds timely to ongoing new ad-hoc requests and look for optimal ways to deliver.
- Provides automations of existing processes; using the optimal technology and processes.
- Works on complex and cross-functional IT and business intelligence solutions.
- Works on multiple tasks/projects as team member or leader or functional lead.
- Participates in workstream planning process including inception, technical design, development, testing and delivery of BI solutions.
- May participate in project management estimation process.
- Works with internal and external customers and IT partners to develop and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Provides input to business requirements for the design of solutions.
- Interprets business requirements and determines optimum BI solutions to meet needs.
- Identifies and provides input to new technology opportunities that will have an impact on the Enterprise wide BI systems.
- Designs Institute-wide “views” and custom reports.
- Perform analysis for a wide range of requests using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Researches business problems and creates models that help analyze these business problems.
- Provides input to the development of information quality metrics.
- Researches tools, frameworks and mechanisms for data analytics.
- Interfaces with vendors to keep abreast of new technologies, pricing & customer applicability.
- Participates in vendor evaluations.
- Adheres to current standards.
- Provides input to standards, policies and procedures for the form, structure, and attributes of the BI tools and systems.
- Designs and delivers end-user training and training materials.
- Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use correctly.
- Provide guidance, training, and problem-solving assistance to other team members.
- Coaches less-experienced individuals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Management or specialized training/certification. Or equivalent work experience.
- Typically requires a minimum of 4-6 years of Business Analysis or related technical experience.
- Excellent understanding of database concepts and data warehousing concept are required.
- Strong experience with RDBMS; strong SQL skills required.
- Experience with ETL and data blending tools (Informatica, Syncsort, Alteryx)
- Experience with BI and Data Visualization tools (Business Objects/Tableau/Qlikview/Cognos etc.)
- Moderate to high development usage of Microsoft Access and Excel;
- Familiarity with Hadoop, SQL Workbench, Hue etc. preferred.
- Proven ability to create reports from existing databases and non-relational data sources
Senior Technical Recruiter
P: 973.732.5454 x27