Description Job Description:
The Government health and Safety Solutions Operation has a need for a BI Data Analyst to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
As part of enterprise data warehouse team and enterprise data architect team, the BI Data Analyst helps the leaders and works with many other BI projects to come onboard using Enterprise Data Warehouse and advanced analytic platform. The BI analyst will work with project leads, enterprise data architects, development teams and DBAS to perform data analysis, implement data strategies, build data flows, and develop conceptual data models using best practice. The BI analyst will provide guidance to other BI project development teams to follow standard guidelines and best practices.
- The position requires a Bachelor Degree with 5+ years' experience in BI related fields with progressively increased level of responsibility in data analysis, data modeling, BI development, database development and SQL experiences.
- Good understanding with BI development life cycle, data architect, metadata management, data marts and related methodologies.
- Experience in data modeling for operational and data warehousing
- Experience with data lake, big data, AWS and cloud-based databases, MPP database technologies such as Greenplum and PostgreSQL is a plus
- Familiar with data replication methodology.
- Experience in analyzing and building reports / dashboards using Tableau is advantageous
- Proficient in discussing the project architecture with solution architects and Enterprise architect teams.
- Possesses a strong passion for data analytics.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Outstanding SQL skills
- Proficient with Erwin Data Modeler tools to build data models. Ability to create model from scratch and modify existing complex models as per the Enterprise standards.
- Able to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with multiple teams and users for more than one project, at the same time,
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to effectively and efficiently collaborate with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required mandatory.
BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
Must be able to obtain a public trust clearance.External Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
Yes, 25%Clearance Level Required:
NoScheduled Weekly Hours:
Business Systems AnalysisPay Range: