BI Developer - People Analytics - REMOTECome Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a BI Developer - People Analytics
, you'll be part of our Data & Analyticsteam located remotely.
You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Perform exploratory data analysis, data gathering, data mining and data analysis
- Communicate with HR business partners in-line with the SBD's culture of an awareness of the needs of a diverse workforce with different backgrounds in different geographies.
- Build data pipelines in spark, hive and python from internal and external sources that feed analytic tools and dashboards
- Communicate with internal and external stake holders to understand requirements
- Build dashboards in Tableau/Power BI from communicated requirements that drive business insights in the people analytics space
- Propose and create data visualizations, charts and tables that allow for effective/ clear decision making
- Identify and correct data quality issues
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it.
You also have:
What You'll Receive
- MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or Data Science preferred
- 2-5 years relevant experience or equivalent preferred
- Advanced SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases, query authoring (SQL) as well as working familiarity with a variety of databases
- Experience building dashboards in Tableau/Power BI
- Experience working with sensitive/private data
- Strong knowledge of Python data analysis libraries including Pandas required
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive,SQL DBs, Spark
- Basic familiarity with Machine Learning concepts (supervised/unsupervised learning, model performance) preferred
- Experience building and optimizing 'big data' data pipelines, in spark or hive highly preferred.
- Experience in web scraping and consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) highly preferred.
- Experience in optimizing big data pipelines in hive or Spark or traditional database workloads preferred
- Experience in Shell scripting, R and Snowflake a plus
- Experience with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as AWS EMR, MS Azure preferred.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How you'll feel:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!#LI-AH1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.