BI Reports Developer – IT Development
6 month contract to hire!
As an integral member of the Data Management team, the Business Intelligence Reports Developer is responsible for requirements gathering, design, development, testing, implementation and support of all enterprise Business Intelligence reports. These reports will utilize the underlying data store(s)/ data warehouse / data mart(s). These BI reports will be developed in Qlikview, SAS Visual Analytics and Microsoft SQL SSRS.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and dashboard requirements
- Define, develop, and implement dashboards and reports.
- Build, leverage, and maintain effective relationships across technical and business community.
- Document and communicate ‘best practices’ for optimum performance and maintainability.
- Quickly gather a deep understanding of business need and translate into technology solutions.
- Provide clear/concise communication on application issues, projects, and infrastructure statuses.
- Support existing dashboards in production
- Regular attendance is required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background equivalent
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing enterprise scale reports and dashboards including:
- Working with users in a requirements analysis role
- Extensive experience with data warehouse implementations
- Knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts (relational and dimensional)
- 5+ years Microsoft T-SQL experience. This includes SQL 2016
- 3+ years of experience SAS development
- 3+ years of experience with SSRS development
- Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries
- Experience in SAS Visual Analytics is a plus
- Experience in Qlik Sense or Qlik View is a plus
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Strong analytical, conceptual and problem solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adjust quickly to changing priorities
- Must be able to comply with all company policies, rules, procedures and Code of Conduct
- Must be able to interact well with others
- Must be able to work independently, or in a team setting
- Must be capable of working under tight time constraints in a high volume environment with multiple priorities
- Responds well to questions; Ability to read, interpret and comply with written information and documents such as safety rules, operations / procedure manuals and maintenance instructions with a high comprehension and concentration level to include the ability to meet deadlines
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen, random drug and/or alcohol tests, and will be subject to a criminal history background check
- Must be authorized to work in the United States