Grapevine Technology is an Information Technology recruiting firm focused on quality candidate placement with high profile client companies. Our client in Purchase, NY needs a BI Developer.
This position will work closely with our business colleagues to develop analytic solutions, reports and dashboards to meet the ever increasing demand for operational improvements and efficiencies in a fast paced environment. This role has an expectation to partner with the business and implement new ideas and strategies to enhance and expedite the deployment of data solutions.
- Design and develop solutions that will provide automated self-serve reporting and dashboard solutions
- Perform data analysis, data querying, and data validation functions
- Analyze and manipulate complex data across both OLTP and OLAP environments
- Translate new and existing reporting and data requirements into actionable requirements for delivery via business intelligence applications and tools.
- Provides insight into patterns in data that translates into value for business partners
- Evaluates and identifies new technologies
- Manages projects from inception to completion
- Works collaboratively with teammates
- Proven experience with multiple BI and Reporting Development Tools. Cognos a must and Tableau preferred. Will consider experience with other similar tools
- Working knowledge of star schema design and methods for querying complex data structures
- Experience with querying transactional and data warehouse systems. MySql database is a plus
- Familiarity with ETL tools (Talend) and Control Processing tools (Control-M)
- Knowledge and familiarity with database security concepts and best practices
- Skilled in data analysis / data mining
- Highly skilled in SQL development
- Skilled and knowledgeable in Data Modeling
- Proven ability to work directly with users and management to understand needs, gather requirements, provide status updates, and build good relationships and rapport
- Strong collaboration, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Ability to manage small projects from inception to completion in cross-functional environment
- Highly adaptable and able to change quickly based on priority
- Strong communication skills, ability to address different levels across organization
- Ability and willingness to work, contribute, and debate in a team environment and adopt and promote a culture of ownership and initiative
- Able to identify multiple approaches to problem solving and recommend the best case solution
- Fast learner able to quickly learn multiple systems and tools and able to solve problems and recommend multiple solutions given resources and constraints
- Must be proactive, innovative, and creative in meeting client/customer needs. Always keeping a “Can do!” attitude
- Degree in Computer Science preferred
If you are interested in this position, please apply via Dice.com.
PERMANENT FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBLE ONLY. No sponsorship available. NO TRAINING VISAS. NO THIRD PARTIES. NO CORP to CORP.