Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Expertise in building Data Warehouse applications and overseeing complex data modeling and metadata development
- Responsible for leading the strategic design and maintenance of BI applications
- Provide guidance on devising effective and efficient approaches to achieve project objectives while leveraging BI Architecture
- Install, Configure and Administration of all the BI Components including Mobile BI Applications
- Cluster BI environments and distribute services on multiple nodes.
- Setup Security and mitigate Security Vulnerabilities. Configure Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Expertise in Building Complex BI Reports, Dashboards and Mobile BI Applications.
- Ensures that business rules are consistently applied across different user interfaces to limit the possibility of inconsistent results
- Working knowledge of Windows Servers, Apache Tomcat and WebSphere Application Servers
- Support server administration (Unix/Linux, Windows and VMWare), deployment & compliance within operational environment
- Ensures that the use of BI applications enhances business decision making capabilities
- Advise/Support on the overall BI effort; Identify, research and resolve technical issues and provide best alternate solutions
- Relies on experience, skills and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Identify the scope and the limit of the business continuity and disaster recovery. Perform Risk assessments and develop Operational Review, Disaster Recovery plans
- Candidate should be self-motivated, independent and detail oriented as well as has the ability to work in a team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or related field
- 5+ years’ of relevant experience
- Experience in administration and development of BI Applications
- Experience using BI tool Tableau
- Experience in working in an Agile environment
- Elicitation and analysis of business requirements for Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse solutions from business users
- Experience in performing performance testing on the code to ensure highest quality
- Have strong experience writing complex SQL queries
- Demonstrate and apply deep knowledge of Data Warehousing concepts and best practices
- Must be a creative thinker who can work well on a team
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication
- Very strong analytical, problem solving and programming skills
- The applicant must be able to obtain a public trust clearance
Nice to Have:
- BI Certifications
- Experience with .Net and Mobile technologies
- Experience working with and knowledge of CMMI
- Experience with SVN
- Experience working in FAA/DOT environment
This is a full time position paying a base salary, full benefits, and has possible bonus potential based on merit and performance. To be considered for this position, please apply online with a cover letter and MS Word resume.
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
3rd party resumes will not be considered.