Join Our Team
We’re excited you’re considering joining a great place to work! At Texas Mutual, we value our employees. Our service-driven culture, competitive compensation and benefits, award-winning wellness program and excellent career opportunities make Texas Mutual a great place to work.
About this Position
TXM maintains a substantial repository of workers’ comp data that spans more than twenty-five years. This involves agencies, providers, policyholders, claimants, and underwriting data, to name a few categories. The repositories include source data from multiple software applications, using several database technologies.
TXM is looking for an experienced ETL and data visualization developer in support of business intelligence (BI) and data analytics, across multiple platforms and sources. The chosen individual will help implement the strategic enterprise BI roadmap. The roadmap addresses data modeling, architecture, and both data management for our enterprise data warehouse as well as advanced data analytics systems.
This role supports multiple projects and divisions in building new data sets, structures, and managing distribution, replication, and data archiving. The chosen individual will utilize a range of design techniques optimized for BI data structures and must be capable of leveraging these new techniques to achieve the goals as expressed by the BI architect.
The chosen individual will possess a combination of business knowledge, technical skills, and people skills to implement our BI strategy.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Essential Job Functions:
- Developing and maintaining consultative relationships with stakeholders
- Understanding business needs and potential operational and strategic uses for business intelligence and analytics
- Driving consistency, accuracy and value across platforms using established standards, protocols, code promotion techniques and oversight procedures
- Providing training and written documentation to ensure consistent understanding with both stakeholders peers about business intelligence, analytics, related concepts, report and table content.
- Using technical skills to design and implement highly complex scripts, programs, databases, warehouse, and software components
- Using rapid prototyping and agile program management techniques
- Demonstrating advanced knowledge of data discovery, data modeling, data visualization, data mining, and database design techniques, including ETL
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of ETL experience
- Prior professional experience using SQL in at least one of the following technical environments: IBM DB2 or Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012)
- Master’s degree
- Prior professional experience using
- SAP Data Services v4.x
- SAP Crystal Reports v4.x
- Guidewire Datahub
- IBM Cognos Workspace v10
- One or more of the following BI technologies: Hadoop, Tableau, SQL Server Integration Services, or Cognos
- Time series analysis, clustering, neural networks, and decision tree techniques
- Multidimensional data modeling, to include star schemas, snowflakes, normalized models, or de-normalized models
- Prior industry experience, such as experience working with claims, insurance, and health information technology
- Advanced knowledge of project management and agile methodologies
Texas Mutual is the state's leading provider of workers' compensation insurance. We offer exceptional customer service and competitive prices. Our service-driven culture, competitive compensation and benefits, award-winning wellness program and excellent career opportunities make Texas Mutual one of the best companies to work for in Texas. To be considered, please submit your resume via the career link on the Texas Mutual website, www.texasmutual.com
Texas Mutual Insurance Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.