- At least 10 years of experience in Business Intelligence and/or Data Visualizations/Data Discovery technologies with a high preference for Qlik Sense and Business Objects.
- At least 5 years of experience in Team Management and development (performance reviews, coaching, etc.)
- Executive-level written and verbal presentation skills - Will present to CFO and President
120K -130k plus 9% bonus.Job Summary:
The BI Manager is responsible for the leadership of the resources responsible for information delivery to internal and external customers, in alignment with the corporate strategic direction related to data and information delivery and analysis, This spans across standard business intelligence reporting, data discovery, visualization and information delivery for analytical models.
The BI Manager must be able to partner with the business, including direct senior management, to understand their business strategy and decision support needs and how those align with their overall business processes and metrics. The role is also responsible in identifying and prioritizing the decision support development work based on business value and criticality. The role is also expected to identify opportunities to maximize the use of the different tools in response to business dynamics and market opportunities and will lead the charge in terms of ensuring that the information delivered can be consumed in the most effective manner by the customers (i.e. data literacy).
The BI Manager is also responsible for partnering with our external partners to ensure that all support tickets related to decision support reporting are resolved within agreed upon SLAs and with the highest possible quality based on business need.
The role also requires the management and development of reporting analyst across the different toolsets. Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate/Partner with Senior and Executive Management and end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved decision support management and delivery.
- Continuously seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships
- Interact, collaborate and negotiate with project team, IT colleagues and business line contacts to integrate activities to meet client needs
- An ability to manage and work with a culturally diverse population
- Able to translate business needs and requirements into clear technical requirements
- Participate in BI Architecture and Design, Development and testing where needed
- Able to work with the business units to prioritize the development work based on relative priorities and ensure these are delivered according to committed dates -- identifying risks and resolving issues along the way, where needed.
- Improve and streamline processes regarding the display, delivery and use of analytical information through dashboards and Visualizations
- Partner with inter-department groups in resolving incidents directly related to the solutions under the role' s purview
- Create, standardize, document and manage processes to monitor and report on relevant BI statistics in partnership including adoption, benefits realization, among others.
- Identify opportunities to improve on services related to BI and Information Delivery
- Educate the business and IT, in general, in the value of efficient and effective use of the BI tools, in particular Qliksense, business objects and its related solutions.
- Educate the business and IT in the analysis process and critical thinking in terms of converting data into information and decisions.
- Keep track of lessons learned and share those lessons with team members
- Track and maintain all aspects of enhancement deliverables and documentation
- Follow standards and processes for change management and version control
- Required Skills:
- Bachelor' s degree in Business (or Management), Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- 10 plus years of experience in Business Intelligence and/or Data Visualizations/Data Discovery
- 5 plus years of experience in Team Management and development
- Experience in technical budgeting preferred
- Significant and recent experience in the use and management of SAP Business Objects and other related tools (for example Infoburst, APOS, SAP BW, SAP HANA, etc.)
- Significant and recent experience in Visualization and data discovery technologies with a preference for QlikSense.
- Business Process knowledge in Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and/or Finance a plus
- Proven track record of developing and managing Business Intelligence and Data discovery/visualization deliverables
- Executive-level written and verbal presentation skills, with superior meeting facilitation capabilities
- Ability to interact with and regularly engage and partner with executive sponsors and other project stakeholders to identify concerns, overcome resistance, gain buy-in, and act as a change agent
- Ability to anticipate risks and issues, escalate to senior management and facilitate decision-making to balance business needs versus technical constraints
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong process orientation with significant attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to participate in and lead virtual teams
- Ability and willingness to travel for key meetings and to engage with stakeholders and project leaders globally
- Knowledge of relational databases, data warehousing, business intelligence and CRM tools
- Maintain awareness of new and emerging technologies and the potential application on client engagements
- This position requires minimal travel on an as needed basis
- There are minimal physical requirements for this position