Technical Business Analyst
Direct Hire Position - Salary + Bonus
This position will require 5-20 pct domestic travel to client locations
No sponsorship available now or in the future for this position.
Work with the entire information delivery lifecycle, including report requirements, profiling & analysis of client source data, integration with industry-leading Data Warehouse, report development, testing and technical documentation.
Requires extensive data warehousing experience --hands-on ETL and BI experience (Tableau, OBIEE, SSRS, SSIS, Informatica). Comfortable working with data --writing SQL to extract and manipulate data, identification of data quality issues, and thinking through design patterns to build an optimal reporting solution.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related field and 3+ years’ work experience
- 20% travel
- Work with customers & system experts to understand reporting needs, underlying source data and business rules
- Communicate analysis results to customers, design strategies to correct issues
- Build test scripts to test the accuracy and completeness of loaded data
- Gather user requirements for data dissemination & reporting
- Use SQL to analyze source system data and identify data quality issues and anomalies that will need to be corrected and/or handled in ETL routines
- Using ETL tools and/or SQL, develop data extract routines from a variety of disparate data sources and conform them to the Data Warehouse
- Strong SQL skills
- Thorough understanding of Business Intelligence, security modeling
- Expert data analysis and organizational skills, ability to work independently
- Knowledge of dimensional modelling, relational database, data warehouse design principles
- Experience in developing entity relationship diagrams and models
- Strong history of working directly with customers and data system owners
Developed and tested reports and dashboard using BI solutions
Understanding of data governance principles and best practices
Work experience of 5+ years