BI Reports Developer Location: Chantilly, VAMust be eligable for clearance. General Summary
Design and implement data visualization to effectively capture information from disparate data sources. The Report Developer role requires working ability with Data Engineers and Analytics Engineers to prepare and structure large datasets to enable business users to effectively visualize operational insights. The Report Developer will help the organization visualize and report disparate data sources as insights. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primarily responsible for designing, implementing and managing reporting and custom dashboard solution
- Secondarily support function as a SME within data visualization efforts
- Continuously improve reports and dashboards performance and help improve the environment stability and efficient usage
- Provide necessary project management artifacts as required to team lead including status, project planning, and reporting
- Identify and communicate issues and risks to the team lead or end user to facilitate timely resolution
- Maximize personal productivity with reduced dependence on supervisor's input by structuring own or others' activities to minimize delays, wasted effort, or rework including conducting work planning/prioritization for own or others' activities
- Actively contribute to maintaining a collaborative work environment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education - The level of responsibility for this position requires a bachelor's degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline from a college or university.
- Clearance Requirement - Candidates may be subject to a government background investigation and must meet eligibility criteria for access to classified information. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Professional working experience with data visualization and report and custom web application development
- Minimum of 2 years or more experience working with structured databases
- Minimum of 2 years or more experience with designing and developing reports using COTS tools (e.g. SQL Server Data Tools - SSRS, Power BI, Tableau)
- Minimum of 2 year or more working experience with report designing tools (e.g. Illustrator, Photoshop, MS Visio)
- Professional experience working with large unstructured and structured datasets to prepare data for analytical reporting
- The ability to produce documentation including Change Management documents, test cases, data analysis summary, and data control or management policies and guidelines
- Strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Capable of balancing workload and upward communication i.e. provide timely updates on team status to the team lead
- Express ideas clearly and effectively both verbally and written; Capable of adjusting communication styles to suit different audiences
- Client facing skills
ASM Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, creed, ancestry, marital status, non-job-related handicap or disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.