As a member of the Data, Reporting & Analytics Team, and reporting to the the Reporting and Analytics Lead, the BI Report Developer will play a key role in building and maintaining business intelligence reports and dashboards. As a BI Report Developer at the firm, you will primarily support the business in creating and maintaining meaningful reports and analysis aligned with key business metrics. In addition, you will work closely with key business stakeholders to devise new ways to measure and predict future business performance as well as uncover insights that could help inform management decisions.
Working closely with Enterprise Data Developers, Data Architects and end users your primary responsibilities will include:
- Create BI Dashboards, Reports or other data delivery solutions to business stakeholders
- Gather and translate business requirements and build-out insightful reporting solutions using Tableau and the firm’s other reporting solutions.
- Work closely with the Data Architecture team to enhance existing tools and data architecture supporting reporting;
- Build, enhance (usability and/or performance) BI Dashboards and Reports inform data modeling decisions and requirements.
- Conduct unit tests and develop database queries to analyze the results and troubleshoot any issues that arise.
- Develop and update technical documentation for senior members of staff and colleagues within the Data Team to serve as a reference guide.
- Lead and attend, feedback sessions to improve BI and Reporting.
- Analytical – As a BI Report Developer you’ll need to analyze the needs of the business or end user. You should be able to put yourself in the shoes of the end user to provide what they will need to solve the business problem. This may go above and beyond the basic requirements volunteered during discovery sessions.
- Innovative – This role requires the ability to create innovative solutions to satisfy business problems. Ideal candidates have a proven ability to be self-motivated and have the initiative to find solutions and improvements during prototyping and customer testing phases. Knowing when to take business user direction literal versus guidance is both an art and science.
- Detail-Oriented – The role requires strong attention to detail, identifying inaccuracies in all phases of data reporting and dashboarding from source to ETL to views and UI.
- Multi-tasking – Success in the role requires the candidate to be able to remain focused while working on multiple phases of the project (design, testing, data remediation, workflow changes, etc.) or playing a role in multiple deliverables.
- Teamwork – Work as part of a tight knit team with shared business and department goals, so the ability to work professionally with others is vital to being successful in this job.
- Communication – This role will involve not just understanding end-users current workflows and needs, but communicating how new reports and dashboards will improve upon their current jobs. This may involve training users to best take advantage of new features and process improvements (subscriptions, alerts, etc.).
Technology & Tools:
In addition to general computer applications, applicants should be experienced in:
- Demonstrated aptitude in: Tableau, Power BI or other popular BI/Reporting solutions; certification a plus.
- SQL (SQL Server, Azure SQL Server).
- Understanding of Data Warehousing, ETL, and modeling concepts.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar subject required.
- Experience with SQL and demonstrated understanding of relational databases
- Master’s degree in Technology preferred, or equivalent work experience using software tools and developing code to acquire, transform and package data for the purposes of BI and reporting is required.
- Proven experience of working in a data engineering role or equivalent is required.
- Financial Services experience required.
- Experience developing Tableau dashboards or equivalent to build BI/ Reporting Tools required.