First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The BPM Solution Architect/ Analyst will work as a key technical resource responsible for developing technical solutions and requirements for applications developed on business process management platform at First Republic Bank. The BPM Solution Architect / Analyst will have deep knowledge in banking business with the overall understanding of key systems and inter-operability, and will be a visible leader working across organizational boundaries and implementing new process reengineering solutions to enable our business strategy. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a business requirement, perform end to end technical impact assessment, understand the design of the applications on BPM platform and document the technical requirements to implement the technical solutions. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and
maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
In addition to these more general cross functional responsibilities, the BPM Solution Architect / Analyst will also be responsible for the following:
* Understand the BPM application requirements and platform strategy and document detailed requirements for applications built on the platform
* Partner with Business to understand business processes and requirements.
* Partner with key technical resources (example, Architects, Solution designers) and vendors to understand technical requirements.
* Perform end to end impact assessment for any technical change and how it may impact upstream and downstream systems and processes.
* Partner with the Testing Lead to provide guidance in overall test strategy and test execution.
* Support the Business for User Acceptance Test.
* Document any technical decision process.
* Identify any needed reporting, instrumentation and analytics in support of automation.
Education / work experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution.
* 3+ years of banking experience require
* Total 6-8 years related experience in IT.
* Must have experience in BPM based solutions
* Appian experience is preferred
* Agile/SCRUM experience is must
* Experience with a front-/back-office portal application
* Responsible for defining solutions by working with clients to understand their business processes, stakeholders and requirements.
* Familiar in all aspects of business analysis, testing and has a basic understanding of project management and system development life cycle.
* Evaluate user requests for business process automation to determine feasibility and technical requirements.
* Work directly with clients throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions
* Experience in working on cross-functional teams building products using agile methodologies.
* Excellent communication skills; familiarity with MS Office Product Suite (Word / Excel / Power Point).
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
Professional skill / competency:
* Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
* Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
* Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
* Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
* Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency
* Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
* Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
* Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
* Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
* Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.