Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
We are well known for our excellence in Title Insurance and Escrow Services. We are less known for our excellence in technology and we're on a mission to change that. We're continually investing in our future, how we work and what we build. Be part of a transformative team that will shape the future as we envision, design and develop our next generation solutions.
We're looking for an experienced Senior Functional Analyst to help us migrate from an old technology platform. While doing so we want to envision the best possible future and solve the problems that matter most. Join us if you are driven by curiosity and have passion for creating the future.
*Remote candidates encouraged to apply!
Determine Business system requirements and document the same. Develop functional specifications and design solutions as per application capability. Acts as a liaison between the Enterprise Application Services team and the Business users. Performs Fit/Gap Analysis. Configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality. Documents Test plans and supports user acceptance testing. Recommends application functionality and features that could be implemented. Create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality.Essential Functions
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Requirements Gathering - Leads meetings to determine business needs and documents them.
- Conducts Feasibility study of the requirements
- Research ERP/packaged application functionality and features that could be implemented to meet business requirements.
- Perform Fit/Gap Analysis
- Configure application software to deliver new or modified functionality.
- Develop functional specifications and design solutions based on application module capabilities. Performs application support functions such as incident triage, research application bugs, respond to customer escalations, and other activities that lead to issue resolution
- Collaborates with technical team in the process of developing application extension solutions or resolving application issues.
- Acts as a liaison between the Enterprise Application Services team and the Business users.
- Prepare test plans and execute, lead and support user testing.
- Assists in issue resolution of complex production issues as needed.
- Create and manage service requests with application vendors to resolve application issues or functionality.
- Plans and/or monitors all the tasks and/or phases involved in successful delivery of application solution.
- Responsible for in depth functional knowledge of the application as well as business process knowledge of the groups using the application.
- Guides and mentors associate functional resources or other functional resources as directed by leadership.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Requires problem solving and analytical skills, and the ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical users.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent problems, and focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks required to maintain system functionality.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret complex business processes and systems.
- Experience working on projects involving multiple application modules and integration with other systems.
- Experience working on complex projects delivered on time and error-free.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Working knowledge of ERP/Packaged application functionality and features.
- Has background that combines functional expertise and business management skills with an understanding of information technology.
- Familiarity creating process documentation, training procedures, and standard operating procedures.
Typical Range of Experience
- Typically requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
License or Certification
- Typically 4-6 years of directly related experience
- Certification in ERP/Packaged Software preferred
- Business Analysis Certification such as CBAP or CCBA preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.