NO 3RD PARTY, LOCAL CANDIDATES TO BOSTON ONLY
The senior business analyst will work as the design and analysis lead for a Trade Repository within the Investment Technology Group. The senior business analyst’s main responsibilities will be to elicit requirements, define scope, analyze existing data usage, analyze data sources, evaluate data quality, and map data sources to a centralized database.
- Analyze current and future workflows to determine best fit for co processing
- Elicit, understand, and document the business requirements, processes and workflows and develop both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows
- Evaluate data sources and technology options, recommend appropriate solutions, and create the functional specifications that meet those requirements
- Perform data analysis, data mapping, and develop SQL queries
- Partner effectively with all levels of the organization and be responsible for direct interaction with clients
- Work closely with internal developers
- Serve as a subject matter expert to the developers building those functions
- Perform QA testing of developed deliverables and assist with User Acceptance Testing
- Manage and work on multiple priorities
- Strong knowledge of trade and security master data
- Hands-on experience and deep knowledge of all aspects of trading lifecycle
- Experience with Equity, Fixed Income, and OTC Derivative instruments
- Strong understanding of Investment Data and Investment Management industry
- 10 plus years of experience as a business analyst working in collaboration with software development in finance and investment domain.
- Prior experience leading a team or managing a project
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively in both formal and informal contexts in a fashion tailored for the audience.
- Ability to deliver under stress in a fast-paced environment
- Strong process analysis and problem solving skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and guidance from manager.
- Practical understanding of relational database design and thorough familiarity with SQL server programming using T-SQL.