Leading Web Services and E-Commerce company seeking a full-time Business Analyst to complement our growing team in Madison, Wisconsin. NIC Wisconsin, a Madison-based subsidiary of eGovernment firm NIC (Nasdaq: EGOV), helps Wisconsin government entities Web-enable their information services. Our electronic government solutions use technology to increase efficiency and reduce costs for governments and their constituents.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated candidate who thrives in a fast-paced environment to join our team as a Senior Business Analyst. This position will oversee all aspects of discovery, requirements gathering and documentation of functional and technical software requirements. The selected candidate will have the opportunity to work with a team of highly versatile and talented project managers, developers and designers and at various levels of state government.
The best qualified candidates will have at least four years of real-world experience as a business analyst. Familiarity with Web applications and Internet technology, strong communication and writing skills are a must. A strong work ethic, great attitude and dedication to success are expected. Our team members are self-motivated professionals who enjoy the challenge of implementing project management and business solutions in a high-pressure, client-services entrepreneurial environment.Who we are:
Our growing Madison team is dynamic, energetic and brings a wealth of experience from NIC partners in other states as well as other companies. Our mission is to knock the socks off our Wisconsin clients as well as the citizens they serve. To do this we need a rock star Business Analyst to keep the hundreds of moving parts going full steam ahead in perfect unison.
People often say that Government should serve its constituents more like businesses serve their customers. At NIC, we make that ideal a reality by removing technology as a barrier and helping government engage with citizens in a meaningful way online twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week.
We are a premier provider of Internet-based, electronic government services that help government entities use the Internet to reduce costs and provide a higher level of service to businesses and citizens. We contract with governments and design, build and operate websites, web, and mobile applications for government. We allow businesses and citizens to access information and complete transactions such as applying for permits or renewing licenses online. NIC’s unique business model allows us to reduce our government clients' financial and technology risks and obtain revenue by sharing in the fees generated by electronic services.
Our government clients benefit from a centralized, manageable, customer-focused presence on the Internet. Businesses and citizens benefit from faster, more convenient, and cost-effective interactions with government.Job duties in a few tidy bullet points:
You will definitely need all this:
- Lead customer interview sessions with state agencies to elicit and validate functional and technical requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirement workshops, surveys, site visits, business process description, use cases, scenarios, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low level information to a general understanding and distinguish user requests from underlying needs
- Identify workflow and process improvement opportunities, and perform analysis of new changed processes, and clearly document and communicate them
- Collaborate with state agencies, development staff and user interface designers to define requirements and acceptance criteria for implementation
- Create detailed and effective project specification documentation, including user scenarios, screen mock-ups, business rules, and acceptance criteria
- Create test plans and scripts for user testing
- Perform internal testing and other quality assurance activities
- Responsible for validation of requirements with key stakeholders
- Provide hands-on participation throughout the development lifecycle
- Develop trusted relationships with state agency subject matter experts
Why work for us?
- Undergraduate degree in information systems, business, computer science or equivalent work experience in business analysis with a preference for Certification of Competency in Business Analysis or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
- Minimum two years of job-related experience
- Experience with formal requirements syntax
- Must display a positive attitude and patience in dealing with customers with varying technical experience or knowledge
- Self-motivated with the ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and deliver results to meet customer expectations
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced, highly flexible and entrepreneurial environment
- Must enjoy working both independently and within project teams
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving abilities and pay obsessive attention to detail
- Your work product will be used by thousands if not millions of people
- We offer the excitement of a start-up AND the benefits/support of a big company
- Your work will be recognized and win awards. (We won’t hire you unless we think you can because we like to win!) Our services are consistently recognized nationally as Government Experience award winners in many categories: http://www.govtech.com/cdg/
- We encourage new ideas and different approaches to your work
- We provide excellent opportunities for career growth and professional development
- Competitive compensation program
- No-cost group medical insurance
- Stock purchase plan
- Matching 401(k) contributions with 100% vesting
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- Company wellness program
- Casual and fun office environment
- Paid State holidays/vacation
- Tuition reimbursement