Montefiore Medical Center has redefined healthcare. Through our multidisciplinary approach, we are able to provide access to a wide variety of medical specialties for a full range of clinical services, ensuring seamless, coordinated care for our patients. This unique team approach infuses camaraderie among physicians, nurses and other specialty care providers. Our EMR platform, Epic, supports our collaborative, team-oriented environment, which has contributed to our becoming one of the nation's premier healthcare systems. Our elite Epic team takes pride in having completed our initial Epic implementation fully half a year ahead of schedule.
We are excited to announce that we are implementing Epic EHR for clinical and patient financial activity as well as consolidating ancillary core systems at White Plains Hospital (WPH), Nyack Hospital, Burke Rehabilitation, St. Luke's Cornwall and Montefiore New Rochelle This project supports Montefiore Health System's strategic initiative to more closely integrate members and provide more advanced and better-coordinated care to patients in the region.
As part of this expansion, we are seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst with Certification in EPIC Clarity in our Yonkers, NY office:RESPONSIBILITIES:
BI Data Analysis and Design:
- Understand Montefiore's strategic goals and ensure request is in alignment with these goals.
- Gather and understand reporting requirements to ensure the alignment with Montefiore's strategic goals.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources.
- Decompose high-level information into details.
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Provide creative solutions to problems.
- Document user requirements into a well-structured specification. All documentation will be according to standard templates, using natural language.
- Present alternative BI solutions for customer, using creative-thinking expertise and solution prototypes, to ensure effective reporting/analysis.
- Interact professionally with a diverse group that includes clinicians, management, and subject matter experts.
- Work on multiple initiatives simultaneously.
BI Reporting Design/Development:
- Based on User Requirements Documentation, collaborate with database engineers and Subject Matter Experts to define solutions to develop the architecture of the selected reporting solution.
- Work with database engineers to design and develop high performing data solutions which meet the needs of the BI requirements.
BI Team Support:
- Design and Develop creative BI components for the delivery of dashboards, scorecards, delivered reports, ad hoc queries, extracts and analytics, using Tableau, SAP Business Objects, as well as other platforms.
- Writes and maintains complex SQL queries and stored procedures.
- Use web services that provide standard analytic computations that can be leveraged in multiple BI solutions.
- Create QA test cases/test steps to ensure quality assurance of BI output.
- Work with customer to ensure user acceptance testing and a complete delivery of reporting/analysis solution.
- Responsible for QA testing the entire solution to ensure that it is ready for user acceptance testing.
- Bachelor's Degree equivalent work experience
- Epic Clarity certification is required
- Experience with RDBMS databases (multi-dimensional a plus).
- Experience writing stored procedures or complex SQL queries.
- Strong Crystal Reports development skills.
- Experience working in Reporting Workbench and Dashboards.
- Experience developing SAP Business Objects reports in a complex enterprise environment.
- Experience working in environments using a development lifecycle methodology.
- Critical thinker
- Strong communication, interpersonal and rapport-building skills
- Meeting all requirements for EPIC certification is a condition of employment
- Experience in healthcare specific reporting or other exposure to healthcare business constructs is a plus.
- Experience with Tableau development
- Experience working with PL/SQL
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
128141 Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.