Aureus Group is looking for a Business Intelligence Manager with excellent communication skills and the drive to manage the direction of an Analytics and BI reporting team. This Business Intelligence Manager role is a direct hire position with our well-respected and established partner in Kansas City, MO.
In this Business Intelligence Manager role, you will manage a team consisting of BI subject matter experts, developers, and architects. You will execute BI strategies for warehouse implementation, data acquisition, and archive recovery, along with creating processes and implementing governance models around BI systems and data.
Responsibilities of the Business Intelligence Manager:
- Support and create Business Intelligence processes, rules of engagement, and separation of duties.
- Create process/data flow maps of links between systems, current processes, areas of opportunity to improve process flows, and new systems to integrate.
- Define and maintain correct roles and responsibilities for team members aligned with application support and maintenance activities.
- Assure initiation, monitoring, and maintenance of systems and policies necessary to safeguard the physical, financial, and human capital of the organization and customers.
- Provide complete assessments of the technical characteristics of proposals and alternatives considered to optimize database performance.
- Collaborate with IT, Operations, Sales and Marketing, Finance, and other relevant organizational areas to determine potential systems that will utilize BIDW infrastructure.
- Ensure the analytics and reporting team is meeting correct expectations as set by management.
- Manage the resources necessary to plan, coordinate, and deliver solutions to meet various project requirements and manage the demand for new solutions against employee capacity.
- Assist in architecting Business Intelligence solutions and developing strategy.
- Manage the BIDW system (Data Imports and Exports). Responsible for ensuring warehouse and business intelligence tool has the most current, accurate, and relevant data possible for internal customers and determine and recommend enhancements to the BIDW for performance improvement.
- Work with developers to define, score, and data architecture. Ensure proper back-end/front-end integration, data flow & ETL processes.
- Define ways to maximize system use.
- Provide back-end analysis and reporting.
- Create effective customer and vendor relationship management.
- Build and leverage effective alliances across the enterprise to understand, shape, and meet business demand. Represent IT to significant stakeholders.
- Prepare information and make presentations to various audiences including executive, senior, and mid-level managers and associates.
Qualifications of the Business Intelligence Manager:
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics or related discipline
- Seven (7) years of experience in Business Intelligence
- Three (3) years of experience in a manager level role in Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Data Warehouse Management
Or equivalent combination of education and experience
Preferred Requirements of the Business Intelligence Manager:
-Three (3) years of experience in a manager-level role in Database Administration, Engineer/Analyst level role in Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data Warehouse Management, ETL, or Data Scientist role.
-Advanced degree in a job-related discipline
*U.S. citizens/ ONLY due to government or federal requirement*
*We CAN NOT accept 3rd party candidates*
*We are unable to sponsor or transfer visas*
*Only candidates closely matching the client's required qualifications and experience will receive a reply*
At Aureus Group, we're the experts that professionals turn to for direct access to challenging and rewarding jobs in their field, many of which are unadvertised. We're the recruitment advisors our clients trust to expertly uncover professionals with not only the experience, skills, and abilities, but also the passion, ethics, and integrity that are critical to your success.
If you have a background that lines up well with the Business Intelligence Manager description and are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please apply online or call for a confidential conversation. Please refer to job # 20-1259395 when inquiring.
Position: Information Systems Manager
Physical Abilities: Up to 10lbs
For the most prompt response, please APPLY ONLINE.
Resumes may also be sent to or callfor more information.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis, and we will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status. We do not accept unsolicited applications or resumes from staffing, recruitment or other employment consulting firms.
As always, there is never a fee for candidates to utilize our services.