Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com . Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn , Twitter , and Instagram . Blackstone Technology & Innovations
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTi) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTi is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Business Unit Overview:
Blackstone Technology & Innovations (BXTI) is the technology team at the core of each of Blackstone's businesses and new growth initiatives. Serving both internal and external clients, we work to build the next generation of systems that manage risk, create efficiency and improve transparency within the firm and across our broad community of investors and portfolio companies.
BXTI is nimble and entrepreneurial - our open, iterative design processes and rapid pace of development mean that everyone on the team has the opportunity to make an impact from day one. We are problem solvers who can take projects from idea to implementation. We believe in active mentoring and developing excellence. We collaborate to find the best answers for our customers and for Blackstone. We are critical to the firm maintaining its competitive edge. Job Title:
Network Security Analyst Job Description:
The Network Security Analyst is an essential member of the global Network Security team. They will work closely with Network engineers and the outsourced COE team to ensure the safety, operation, reliability and security of Blackstone's global network. Responsibilities:
The Network Security Analyst provides operational support & analysis for a diverse set of security events. The Security Operations Analyst will be the first point of contact with users/ peers/ vendors and will determine the type & severity of incidents and recommend appropriate actions, including escalation to senior staff.
- Provide Level 1, 2, and 3 support for day to day network security incidents and tickets.
- Working with off-shore COE Team provide oversight of Global Security network 24/365
- Implement/ change/ remove security rules as needed across proxies, firewalls and web filtering devices as needed
- Manage network security policy administration on various network security products.
- Participate in security incident response through in-depth, technical (log, forensic, malware, packet, etc.) analysis
- Collect security incident metrics & data to enable reporting to senior management
- 3+ years of hands-on technical experience in managing Network Security products like firewall, web proxies, DDoS mitigation solutions - knowledge of Palo Alto FW, AWS network security, and Zscaler strongly preferred
- Experience with cloud native architectures such as AWS or Azure a plus
- Possess an understanding of network protocols
- Experience using Splunk
- Have the desire to learn new technologies, share best practices, and contribute to a global infrastructure and security team
- An ability to create documentation and reporting
- Possess an understanding of security operations concepts
Have strong written and oral communication skills
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.