About Nuspire Networks:
Nuspire is a state-of-the-science, managed network security service provider with nearly two decades of industry experience, providing network management, monitoring, and security services for some of the largest and most distinctive companies in the world. Nuspire utilizes big data, cloud driven technologies, custom-built and integrated with unique threat intelligence, and human analytics to meet the managed security needs of enterprise organizations with geographically dispersed networks. Solutions are delivered with service level commitments for network security, performance, and compliance. Nuspire is the benchmark for managed security services and maintains unparalleled cybersecurity technologies deployed globally.
Back-end (Java) Developer Role:
Nuspire Networks is seeking a highly focused, motivated Back-end Java Developer to support and augment our flagship system and attendant applications. As a Development Team Member you will design, develop, and implement software solutions according to SDLC methodology and department standards. You will interact with internal users to gather requirements and assist in designing and documenting solutions. You will participate in code reviews, perform unit testing, and evaluate solutions prior to release.
- 5+ years programming in Java.
- 1-3 years programming in UNIX shell scripts (bash, sh, ksh, etc.).
- Relational database experience (MySQL, PostgreSQL, MS-SQL, etc.).
- 5+ years development experience in a Linux environment.
- Ability to clearly communicate (written and verbal) in English.
- Ability to work in a structured team environment on multiple concurrent tasks with minimal supervision.
- Strong work ethic with a thirst for learning new technologies and techniques.
- Experience in a Big Data environment (Hadoop, Hive, Storm, Trident, Cassandra).
- Experience programming in PHP.
- Great experience and growth with a global leader in network security.
- Locations in: Commerce Twp., MI – Walled Lake, MI – Cincinnati, OH.
- Full benefits including but limited to: 6 different Blue Cross Medical HMO and PPO Options, MetLife Dental, Vision, Short-term and Long-term disability, Life Insurance, 401k and Monthly PTO accrual from your first day of employment, along with many opportunities to earn additional PTO through monthly employee awards and participation in ‘Nuspire Good Time’ Events.
- ‘Nuspire Good Time’ events 2x per month to build team cohesion.
- Nuspire is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Awards & Recognition:
- Gartner Inc. included Nuspire in “2010 & 2011 Magic Quadrant for MSSPs, North America”
- Selected as a “Top Workplaces” winner in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2015
- INC Magazine “One of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies”
- Nuspire was highlighted as a "Michigan's key IT story” in 2009 and 2010 in its 'Upper Hand' commercials featuring Jeff Daniels.
- TMCnet.com Tech Culture Award, 2016
- Crain’s Detroit Business Best as a “Coolest Places to Work” winner 2008
- Corp! Magazine’s ‘Economic Bright Spot’ winner, 2017
- Best & Brightest Places to Work in Metro Detroit Winner 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Best & Brightest Places to Work National Winner 2011, 2017, 2018