Back-End Java Developer
Location: New York City, NY
Relocation Expense: Yes, client will provide relocation expense immediately
Those Authorized to work without Sponsorship
In This Role:
The Platform Developer is responsible for the development and maintenance of the company's back-end APIs platform. The incumbent must utilizes their knowledge of Java development & web technologies as an integral part of the software development team.
- Design, develop, maintain, and deliver highly scalable and reliable APIs
- Collaborate with development team and product owners to analyze, design, and implement user stories using an agile methodology.
- Write high-quality software code that complies with design specifications and meets development and support requirements.
- Develop unit tests and test changes using an agile methodology.
- Use a variety of tools to perform unit testing, automated builds, and source control.
- Participate as a member in Agile teams, and work with other team member to review user stories, estimate effort for user stories, and participate in sprint reviews.
- Maintaining current web and back-end features
- Learning new skills and technologies as company products and industry standards warrant
- years of software development experience
- 2-4 years of experience building RESTful APIs and hands on Java experience using Play 1. framework
- Knowledge of Spring or Grails frameworks is a plus
- Ability to write SQL.
- Understanding of OOP
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) using JUnit, Selenium or a similar technology
- Basic knowledge of Unix
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Undergraduate degree in the field of computer science or equivalent
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment