The Back-End Developers will design and develop applications that deliver value to our customers. She/he will work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product, proactively gather requirements and ensure high quality of our software. She/he will ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties and special projects may be assigned.
- Design and develop components applications that deliver value to our customers.
- Work closely with the product owner, other developers and QA engineers to shape the product.
- Ensure our solutions are tested, extensible, maintainable, secure and perform well.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Proactively review and test own work; provide peer-review work for others.
- Work with the team and other developers across the company to continuously improve our approach to development.
- Ensure clear documentation of created/modified functionality.
- Independently propose and create solutions.
- Drive idea generation with peers and other stakeholder within the organization to identify areas that require improvement.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
- 4-6 Years of experience developing in back-end Java required
- Experience in distributed systems, OO principles and service-oriented architecture (SOA) required
- • Other desired skills that are considered a plus o Spring Cloud (Spring Cloud Netflix, Spring Cloud Config, etc) o Docker and Kubernetes o AWS o Git, github o JPA o SQL language, MySQL o XML and SOAP o ActiveMQ preferred
- In addition to the required education and experience, the following attributes are desired: o Have a passion for driving change and efficiency with partners of different disciplines o Be well versed in enterprise software development, design patterns, testing, coding practices, deployment, lifecycle management, and beyond o Use agile and lean principles in your product thinking—you're able to see large problems as a series of smaller jobs with expected outcomes o Be organized and process-oriented preferred