Solidus is searching for a Mid-Level Software Engineer. You have the opportunity to become part a dynamic team in support of our USSTRATCOM customer supporting sustainment and modernization of the Mission Planning and Analysis Common Services (MPACS) application. As a member of the MPACS team you would participate in the design, modification, development, and implementation of software programming applications.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, working within broadly defined parameters
- Own the delivery of an entire piece of a system or application
- Work closely with other engineers to develop the best technical design and approach for new product development
- Communicate progress against plan to senior engineers and project managers, including identifying risks, opportunities, and dependencies
- Follow Agile processes and software engineering best practices
- Build software solutions where the solution is not always well defined but always considers the customer first
- Mentor other engineers in the art of building complex, web scale systems
- ship and an Active Secret Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4-8 years of software engineering experience
- Hands-on programming expertise with Java
- Proficiency with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, JBoss, etc.
- Experience delivering an entire piece of a system or application
- Deep understanding of software design patterns
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies
- Experience with a version control system (e.g., Git)
- Experience with an issue/problem tracking system (e.g., Jira)
- Proficiency with multiple operating systems (Mac OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc.)
- Proficiency with at least one Relational Database Management System (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, etc.)
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint)
- Requires strong communications skills and ability to work with all levels of team
Job ID 3647
Applicants selected must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Solidus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. NOTICE OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION PLAN FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES, DISABLED VETERANS AND OTHER PROTECTED VETERANS. It is the policy of this Company to seek and employ qualified individuals at all locations and facilities, and to provide equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in recruiting, hiring, placement, training, compensation, insurance, benefits, promotion, transfer, and termination. To achieve this, we are dedicated to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, and other protected veterans. The objective in adopting the Affirmative Action Programs is to place qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans and other protected veterans in all job classifications. These Affirmative Action Programs are available for inspection by any applicant or employee by contacting the Company's EEO Coordinator, in the Human Resources office, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm.